Ocala again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peggyy

We are looking to spend a week in Ocala in august.  We want more of a resort feel than primitive and we want a pool.  Must be close to ocala yet an easy drive to orlando.  I am choosing between these unless you have a better suggestions?  If you have been to any of these please comment!  Thanks
Grand lakes rv
Wilderness rv
Ocala north rv
Wild frontier rally park

Would like silver springs area but i cannot find a park with good reviews.

Wilderness is pretty nice and less than 5 miles from Silver Springs, straight down FL 40 (Silver Springs Blvd).  I live 8 miles further east of there and travel into town almost daily - it's an easy drive. And of those you mentioned, it's the closest to Orlando area (about 1.0-1.5 hours, depending on where in Orlando metro area you go). Also 50 minutes to Ormand Beach and 60 minutes to Daytona. August in Florida is HOT, but it's a tiny bit cooler out in the Nat'l Forest. Wilderness RV is right on the Oklawaha River too.

Grand Lake is elegantly pretty but well north of Ocala & Silver Springs. I've not been in Ocala North RV, but its also a fair bit north. Don't know anything about Wild Frontier either, but it is much closer in.

We have stayed at Wilderness several times and like it.
It is right on the Ocklawaha River and near the Junction of the Silver.

We did not like Ocala North. it was too close to "civilization" !

Jack L

Southern Oaks in Summerfield about 12 miles south of Ocala is nice.  About 65 miles to Orlando via Fl turnpike.  Stayed there in January for 10 days.  Nice pool and clubhouse.

Back
Top Bottom