Denver info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alaskansnowbirds

Site Team
We'll be passing through Denver next week north bound heading for Fort Collins.

Question:  Should I just stay on I-25 or take I-225 to I-70 to I-270?

Thanks

Alaskansnowbirds said:
We'll be passing through Denver next week north bound heading for Fort Collins.

Question:  Should I just stay on I-25 or take I-225 to I-70 to I-270?

Thanks

Just stay on I-25 all the way.  Try to avoid early morning (6-9) and say 3-6 in the afternoon if you'd rather avoid the heavy traffic.  Basically all the rework has been accomplished on the south end of I-25 through Denver and traffic flows quite well mostly except for rush hour and even then it's a lot better than several years ago.  If in the afternoon you may bog down some as you approach the junction of I-25 and 36 where it splits off for Boulder, but it clears up pretty well just past there. 

Also if you are northbound in the afternoon the HOV lane will be open ... entrance is from the left lane of I-25 around 20th in downtown (watch for signs).  As far as I know there is no restriction for mh's as long as there are two or more people on board ... I have used it.  That will take you up near 84th ave, north of the junction for hiway 36. 

Note you can now travel the HOV lane as a single person but must pay a toll using the transponders (no cash), but the lanes are clearly marked as which to stay in for the FREE HOV, so that is not a problem either ... just be aware of it.

If you went through about midday you can probably cruise right on by at about 60 or more all the way.    :)

Howard

PS - Don't forget to wave when you pass 136th on the north end ... I'll be watching!  ;D

Thanks Howard, that's the information I was looking for.

Would you have a suggestion for a diesel stop. I usually use Flying J but they're out in Aurora. That was the reason I thought it might be better to take the loop if through town was a mess.

Thanks again.

Umm ... diesel ... that's a good question ... we have a gasser.

I don't think I can help you much with that, nothing comes to mind of the Flying J variety along the way. 

If you do decide to make the Aurora loop when you come off of I70 to 270 you will make good time unless you are after about 2 or 3 pm, it gets pretty slow but usually does keep moving.  And it will be slow when it joins I-25, but will loosen up shortly thereafter.

The only thing that comes to mind ... and I can't remember how open it is for pumps, etc. ... is Johnson Corner up north of Denver.  It's exit 254, Johnstown Exit.  If nothing else you could have one of their Cinnamon rolls!  ;D

I know there are stations up north just off the highway but haven't paid much attention ... too close to home I guess.

Here is the web site ...

<http://www.johnsonscorner.com/index.html>

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Howard

Howard,

Thanks for the web link. Yes they have diesel, they are an AMBest Truck Stop. Tonight they are 9 cents/gal higher at $2.999 than FJ but who knows what it will be by the time I get there. They also have a campground there. We plan on staying at Boyd Lake State Park. Looks good on Google Earth.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom