Recommendations for CB/weather band radio for MH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
I am looking for a CB radio that also has NOAA weather band incorporated in it. I have looked a bit on Amazon and there are a few listed. A Cobra pops up as a possible, as I used to own a Cobra CB many moons ago when I was a CB'er as a kid.  Any info or recommendations on what is out there now? 

Midland also had a all in one portable unit that could plug in to the rig, or be pulled out to go mobile if necessary. But I couldn't find out much info on it, or reviews.  Any insight there?

Cobra LXBT    that way , NOT only do you get a GOOD CB , but in addition , you also get NOA , AND a Bluetooth you can use with your cell phone...
I am a truck driver for over 36 yrs ..... and have a oldie but goody regular 29 classic I use in my truck and in my class C is the one I suggested . And as the saying goes , a good CB is ONLY as good as the antenna you have it connected to . So , without breaking the bank and getting a GOOD antenna , I would suggest going with a FRANCIS antenna .... pre-tuned and not some big ugly gaudy looking thing - comes in choice of colors - red white and black and different lengths ... make sure you get 18 foot coax also . And for whats its worth . the radio can be had for around $99 ( seen as low as $79 on sale ) and as HIGH as $139 ... Francis antenna , around $18 and coax , around $15 to $20 ...    ALL this CAN be self installed , VERY easily .

Attachments

• cobra.jpg
    cobra.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 18
SargeW said:
I am looking for a CB radio that also has NOAA weather band incorporated in it. I have looked a bit on Amazon and there are a few listed. A Cobra pops up as a possible, as I used to own a Cobra CB many moons ago when I was a CB'er as a kid.  Any info or recommendations on what is out there now? 

Midland also had a all in one portable unit that could plug in to the rig, or be pulled out to go mobile if necessary. But I couldn't find out much info on it, or reviews.  Any insight there?

Just curious Sarge, Why do you want a CB?  If you only want it for NOAA then I have to believe that there are good weather radios out there.

I have a CB in my MH and the few times I have had it on I have NEVER heard anyone talking on it.
I have to assume that with the explosion of Cell Phones there is much less need for a CB.

So just wondering if your experience is different and there is a lot of activity in your neighborhood or is there another reason you want one?

Yes on the NOAA part. Some partly to having been an avid CB'er as a kid I am pretty comfortable with them.  I am also looking for an easy in easy out mounting bracket to take it along in the Jeep when on Jeep trails. There have also been a few occasions that some campgrounds will use CB to get a hold of the desk or security after hours.  All in all just another tool in the bag.  My rig also came prewired with a roof antenna and power leads already installed.  Since I am going back full time soon, the timing was right. 

Thanks for all the great advice guys! I knew most of that stuff, but time has pushed it right out of the memory slots.......

One of the BIGGEST reasons for having a CB in your vehicle is ---

1) to keep up to date with SLOW downs - aka dead halts due to accidents or other unknown things .
So that IF you do indeed run across something , you will have been notified SOONER than coming up to a DEAD stop in the middle of a freeway/roadway and THEN finding out AFTER its too late and now you are stuck there for an hour os maybe longer till they get it cleared up . This way with your CB on and slightly squelched , you WILL find out BEFORE you get there and then you have the option of taking an exit before you get stuck and possibly taking a break eating lunch , or just going an alternate route to get around the tie-up.

I use this in my Jeep and motorhome and the weather channels work fine as long as you are in an area they are transmitting in...http://www.cobra.com/products/recreational/c-75-wx-st

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom