EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Thoughts?  (Read 532 times)

Rvtex

• ---
Thoughts?
« on: March 25, 2017, 07:30:53 AM »
I'll try not to make this too long. Just sold our older Montana and got a heck of a deal on a '15 Shasta Phoenix 33ck. It was purchased new in July '16 and taken from the dealer lot to an rv park and has been there since. So there is about 40 miles on it. Good...and maybe bad. Definitely has not been road tested. 12v side has never been used. Fresh Water tank, pump etc.  the unit is immaculate and I got it for about 6k under average retail according to nada. There is a chance this could be our last fifth wheel...I've said that to my wife probably 4-5 times! Just want to bounce this around a bit. Anything I'm missing. I'll be replacing tires and batteries and hopefully that's about it.

Thanks
'12 Ram 1 ton srw Cummins diesel
'15 Shasta Phoenix 5er 33ck

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
Re: Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 07:39:16 AM »
Replacing tires on a 1 year old?   Less there is evidence of need Why?

Battery I can understand if it's not been connected for a year it may well be toast but ...  Try charging it and testing it before replacing it.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

Rvtex

• ---
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 08:34:10 AM »
You're right on the tires John. But I have run bfg commercial LT. don't feeel real comfortable with the tires on the unit now. Swapping batteries for 4-6v as we boondock a lot. Thanks for the reply

ChasA

• ---
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 08:49:12 AM »
Check the black and gray tanks to make sure they're clean. I was in a campground a few years ago and had a neighbor who had bought his fifth wheel in-situ​. It had skirting all around and a porch built next to it. The sewer pipe was attached to the tank dumps and the valves left open. One day, it all backed up. What a mess. Huge turds were clogging it all up
People need to be aware that these RVs are not mobile homes or park models.
Apex, NC
2010 Winnebago journey Express 34Y (pre DEF)
2007 Saturn Vue

Rvtex

• ---
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 07:13:35 AM »
You're right on that tanks ChasA. I did check that yesterday and the black was closed. I hope you weren't too close to your neighbors when there tank backed up!!

Hosted by Over The Network