Replacing a Radiator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stevieadventures

Hello,
So this is my first year owning a 2002 Fleetwood Discovery. On a trip to Colorado we discovered that the Radiator was leaking. After taking it to a shop near Denver they said that the Radiator needs to be replaced. Now I am hoping to get into doing a bunch of my own work on the RV however I don't have a great back ground in fixing cars. I have a friend willing to help me and he has a background in Engineering and has replaced a radiator in his truck before. I'm wondering if this is something we can do on our own or should we rely on a shop to do. Its a Cat 330 Diesel with a Freightliner Chassis and the Radiator is located in the back fairly easy to access. Any comments on how big of a job this is will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tyler

Removing the radiator from a rear radiator diesel can be anywhere from hugely difficult to moderate, depending on accessibility. Often  the radiator (and the associated charge air cooler and a/c condensor) have to be dropped down to remove it, which means you would need to raise the rear end or get it over a pit to get space underneath.  I'm not familiar enough with an '02 Discovery to guess if that would be required or not.  If there is a way to remove the rear fascia so that the radiator can come straight back or upwards, then dropping it underneath would not be necessary.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom