New to us 2008 Winnebago Outlook 31C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigcanoe

Today we traded in our travel trailer for our first motor home. It's a 2008 Winnebago 31C on the Ford chassis. It has around 9000 miles. It came with auto level jacks, backup camera, and some other nifty options. We are considering getting the extended warranty for 5 years because of the age of the unit and our lack of experience but are unsure.  We pick it up n a week as a new awning is being installed.  We have a half day scheduled for our walk through at the dealership.

Welcome to the forum and to the Winnebago family! We have had several extended 'warranty' discussions on the forum,  before you spend money on the insurance  (it's insurance and not a 'warranty'), be sure you perform your due diligence.  My opinion is they are generally a waste of money,  put that money in escrow for future repairs and upgrades. Others have hit the jackpot.

Some of those policies will only cover stated items, some will exclude stated items. Most of them will not cover wear and tear. Never forget their objective is to keep your money and keep their money.

Very true, it's not like a warranty where it's kind of expected, like on a new vehicle.  Thank you for the nice welcome too!

Congratulations!  Check out the Winnebago web site www.winnebagoind.com Resources, you can find a lot of info on you rig such as a brochure, plumbing and wiring diagrams, parts print out Winnie serial number (not  VIN) and  do a 2nd owner registration.  You can also check out the WIT club for Winnebago product owners.  Does the dealer have the Big Black Carry Bag that the original owner received, it has all the owners manuals including the Ford chassis.  Dick

Hi!  That is good information.  I will be sure to register!  When I pick up the Outlook next week I will be sure to ask about the big black bag.  If not, I will see about ordering a package from Winnebago as I want a copy of everything.

Bigcanoe said:
Hi!  That is good information.  I will be sure to register!  When I pick up the Outlook next week I will be sure to ask about the big black bag.  If not, I will see about ordering a package from Winnebago as I want a copy of everything.
If they don't have you can get most on line at the various mfg. sites, plus Winnie owners manual at the Winnebago website.  Dick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom