towing a all wheel drive cadillac srx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wallyrankin

I will be towing my car with a 40ft diesel pusher and would like suggestions on what the best way to tow would be, or if I should even tow my car.

Welcome to the Forum!

Many folks tow vehicles for many obvious reasons!  You will probably want the car with you once you are camped.

The best reference is    http://www.remcoindustries.com/Towing/      which will tell you if and how your vehicle may be towed.

There are three basic methods: 
Tow 4 Down, or all 4 wheels on the ground.  This is the simplest and easiest method IF your car can be towed this way.  Driveline Disconnect may be installed on RWD cars so the tranny does not turn when towing, then it can be towed 4 Down.
Tow dolly can tow almost any FWD car since the drive wheels are off the ground.  This will not work for RWD.  Depending on the vehicle, it may or may not work for AWD.
When all else fails, it may be towed on a car hauler trailer with all 4 wheels off the ground.  This is the most inconvenient because of having to load and unload the car, tie it down, and then find a place to store the car hauler while you are camped.

YES it can be done.  The specific method depends on the car.

The AWD SRX is 4-down towable - see your owner manual under Recreational Towing for specifics.  4-down towing is the most convenient but also the most expensive. A top quality tow bar from Blue OX, Roadmaster or Demco is needed, an auxiliary (towed vehicle) brake, and wiring to activate the stop/tail/turn signals on the SRX. The brake system can be portable (Brake Buddy or Rvi Brake) or hardwired (SMI AF1 or Duo), or can be a surge type unit as part of the tow bar (the Demco Ready Brute). They all work well.

Back
Top Bottom