EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Iphone streaming to TV  (Read 682 times)

steve407

• ---
  • Our Little House on the Prairie - Big Bertha.
Iphone streaming to TV
« on: March 26, 2017, 05:52:46 PM »
Has anyone tried using this: https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightning-Digital-Adapter-MD826AM/dp/B009WHV3BM/ref=pd_sbs_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B009WHV3BM&pd_rd_r=6D356R5RXKCET54V5JYY&pd_rd_w=7mTjG&pd_rd_wg=JdDt0&psc=1&refRID=6D356R5RXKCET54V5JYY  With TMobile, Verizon and AT&T all offering unlimited this could be a good alternative to a sat dish if you subscribe to SlingTV, Sony PSVue or another streaming service that gets most of the channels you get from Sat.  At $60 or so if works it seems like a possible alternative.  Any thoughts, oh guru's?
Someplace new is always just around the next curve. 
2012 Coachman Pathfinder Elite 39' DP, AirForce1, BlueOx Towbar
2012 GMC Terrain Toad
DW=She who must be obeyed
and Freckles the Dalmatian

jubileee

• ---
Re: Iphone streaming to TV
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 06:22:32 PM »
Sounds exactly like Apple TV at about 1/2 the going price. We've had Apple TV for sometime and yes, it works very well if you have a good wifi connection.

UTTransplant

• ---
  • Salt Lake City area
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 11:28:15 AM »
I have Dish Anywhere plus Amazon Prime, both of which let me download videos to my iPad. I would like to then view those videos on the television in the camper. Is an Apple TV the right answer for me? The new TV is a high def Samsung, and I would like the video to be of good quality.
Pam and Kevin plus Minou and Lily (the cats) plus Lexi (the grand-dog)
2014 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 240RKS
2015 Ram 2500 Diesel
http://toobusyforwork.com

jubileee

• ---
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 12:11:22 PM »
You can stream from iPhone iPad to tv with Apple TV via Bluetooth. We have two Apple TV units and the older one didn't have Bluetooth capabilities. New one does and works great.

UTTransplant

• ---
  • Salt Lake City area
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 12:15:08 PM »
What is the resolution like? I am worried about that.
2015 Ram 2500 Diesel

jubileee

• ---
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 02:46:54 PM »
You can stream from iPhone iPad to tv with Apple TV via Bluetooth. We have two Apple TV units and the older one didn't have Bluetooth capabilities. New one does and works great.
Sorry about that post. I confused myself between our different Apple TV devices. Blue tooth won't handle video streaming acceptably in our case anyway. You need good wifi.  My thanks to DW for correcting me.

mspicer1234

• ---
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 08:00:34 PM »
I use it and it works great, I attach it to the iPhone's lightning port and then connect an HDMI cable from it to an open HDMI port on the TV. The only catch is some iPhone apps have blocked signals going through the iPhone Lightning port. I have been able to use it to watch movies from the iPhone/iPad to the TV as well as being able to mirror the iPhone/iPad screen on the TV. I found that at times using the connection to the Apple TV would be slower.
2016 Fleetwood Expedition 38K; 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Blue Ox Aventa LX - M&G Brake System
Good Sam and FMCA Member

supermanotorious

• ---
    • Phoenix Winch LLC
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 11:29:59 PM »
quit messing around, get a FireStick, put Kodi on it, then use your iPhone to tether the FireStick, oh this was me catching up on the latest episode of The Outsiders while in Zion.....
Home is Phoenix, AZ
2008 Skyline Freestyle M-240 Way-Lite
2003 Harley Davidson Dyna FXDX
2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 8.1L 496ci 4x4
1994 Four Winns Freedom
various quads, off-road gokarts, mini bikes
Phoenix Winch wakeboard winches

UTTransplant

• ---
  • Salt Lake City area
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 08:43:58 AM »
quit messing around, get a FireStick, put Kodi on it, then use your iPhone to tether the FireStick, oh this was me catching up on the latest episode of The Outsiders while in Zion.....
I need a system where I can watch stored content  or streaming, depending on location. I am in locations with poor or non-existent cell service too often. I think I will had to Costco today and look at the Apple TV; they seem to have the best price. There is an Apple Store not too far away too.
2015 Ram 2500 Diesel

Withrowinfo

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 09:18:57 AM »

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 09:25:30 AM »
What is the resolution like? I am worried about that.
I have had Sling TV twice and both times canceled within a week. The resolution is horrible.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Life list of birds:
https://goo.gl/photos/xuP9zPD2KP2swN1g8
Grand Canyon photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7

UTTransplant

• ---
  • Salt Lake City area
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 12:21:17 PM »
I probably should update my previous comment. I went to the Apple Store and got a Lightning to HDMI conversion cable. It works like a charm. I download things to my iPad or iPhone and they show up fine on the TV at home and in the trailer. I haven't discovered anything displaying in an odd format.
2015 Ram 2500 Diesel

Buckeye4692002

• ---
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 03:35:33 PM »
I use the lightning / HDMI cord to attach my i-phone to the tv so we can stream direct TV content.  If you have DirectTV at home, and AT&T cellular it doesn't count against your data.  We can watch anything on our DVR or live TV.  And, it's over cellular so we don't need wifi (as with Apple TV).
The picture isn't bad, maybe 480.  And, you loose coverage just like if you were to watch anything on your phone.  But, it's a good option!
2009 Damon Daybreak 3370

bbhughey

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2017, 04:23:06 PM »
I have that cable connector and through the HDMI cable straight into my TV, I have a great connection and can either duplicate my screen, or watch anything on the TV from anything Im doing on my phone. 

123movies.to is a great site to watch movies for free.  Even stuff still in the theater!!!  Some apps like my cable provider's will not let me use this to stream unless I am using my actual router at home.  So, I can still use it for anything online, web based, or "some" apps.  Even games, but you still have to use the device for inputs. 

I like it, it doesn't use my wifi data from my Jetpack through Verizon, and now verizon has unlimited data, so I can use my phone for data all I want. 
Well worth the money for the cable, and definitely buy a LONG 12ft hdmi cable to the tv so you can sit back and not have to put your beer down.
2007 HR Endeavor SKQ
2014 Chevy Equinox toad

8Muddypaws

• ---
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2017, 05:49:07 PM »

If you want to sell your old Apple TV you'll find it to be in high demand.  Put it on eBay and someone will snatch it up quick.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 06:38:13 PM by 8Muddypaws »
Retired computer professional
Musician, songwriter and music director
2006 Bounder 34H, 2008 CR-V Toad

schoolsout2

• ---
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2017, 06:19:05 PM »
I can run anything through my Apple TV that I can get on any of my Apple devices without a cable.  I hooked it up to the HDMI distribution box and can use it on the outside tv.  With the "smart " tv I can run straight off the internet with amazon prime, Netflix,Hulu and others.  The only problem has been lack of bandwidth.  Verizon has unlimited, but they throttle it down after you reach a certain point.
Dave and Sue Fullerman
2014 Winnebago Tour
2012 Honda CRV
FMCA F7777D
from Ohio now full time

Hosted by Over The Network