Iphone streaming to TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve407

Has anyone tried using this: https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightning-Digital-Adapter-MD826AM/dp/B009WHV3BM/ref=pd_sbs_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B009WHV3BM&pd_rd_r=6D356R5RXKCET54V5JYY&pd_rd_w=7mTjG&pd_rd_wg=JdDt0&psc=1&refRID=6D356R5RXKCET54V5JYY  With TMobile, Verizon and AT&T all offering unlimited this could be a good alternative to a sat dish if you subscribe to SlingTV, Sony PSVue or another streaming service that gets most of the channels you get from Sat.  At $60 or so if works it seems like a possible alternative.  Any thoughts, oh guru's?

Sounds exactly like Apple TV at about 1/2 the going price. We've had Apple TV for sometime and yes, it works very well if you have a good wifi connection.

I have Dish Anywhere plus Amazon Prime, both of which let me download videos to my iPad. I would like to then view those videos on the television in the camper. Is an Apple TV the right answer for me? The new TV is a high def Samsung, and I would like the video to be of good quality.

You can stream from iPhone iPad to tv with Apple TV via Bluetooth. We have two Apple TV units and the older one didn't have Bluetooth capabilities. New one does and works great.

jubileee said:
You can stream from iPhone iPad to tv with Apple TV via Bluetooth. We have two Apple TV units and the older one didn't have Bluetooth capabilities. New one does and works great.
Sorry about that post. I confused myself between our different Apple TV devices. Blue tooth won't handle video streaming acceptably in our case anyway. You need good wifi.  My thanks to DW for correcting me.

I use it and it works great, I attach it to the iPhone's lightning port and then connect an HDMI cable from it to an open HDMI port on the TV. The only catch is some iPhone apps have blocked signals going through the iPhone Lightning port. I have been able to use it to watch movies from the iPhone/iPad to the TV as well as being able to mirror the iPhone/iPad screen on the TV. I found that at times using the connection to the Apple TV would be slower.

quit messing around, get a FireStick, put Kodi on it, then use your iPhone to tether the FireStick, oh this was me catching up on the latest episode of The Outsiders while in Zion.....

Attachments

• 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    261.5 KB · Views: 35
supermanotorious said:
quit messing around, get a FireStick, put Kodi on it, then use your iPhone to tether the FireStick, oh this was me catching up on the latest episode of The Outsiders while in Zion.....
I need a system where I can watch stored content  or streaming, depending on location. I am in locations with poor or non-existent cell service too often. I think I will had to Costco today and look at the Apple TV; they seem to have the best price. There is an Apple Store not too far away too.

supermanotorious said:

I probably should update my previous comment. I went to the Apple Store and got a Lightning to HDMI conversion cable. It works like a charm. I download things to my iPad or iPhone and they show up fine on the TV at home and in the trailer. I haven't discovered anything displaying in an odd format.

I use the lightning / HDMI cord to attach my i-phone to the tv so we can stream direct TV content.  If you have DirectTV at home, and AT&T cellular it doesn't count against your data.  We can watch anything on our DVR or live TV.  And, it's over cellular so we don't need wifi (as with Apple TV).
The picture isn't bad, maybe 480.  And, you loose coverage just like if you were to watch anything on your phone.  But, it's a good option!

I have that cable connector and through the HDMI cable straight into my TV, I have a great connection and can either duplicate my screen, or watch anything on the TV from anything Im doing on my phone. 

123movies.to is a great site to watch movies for free.  Even stuff still in the theater!!!  Some apps like my cable provider's will not let me use this to stream unless I am using my actual router at home.  So, I can still use it for anything online, web based, or "some" apps.  Even games, but you still have to use the device for inputs. 

I like it, it doesn't use my wifi data from my Jetpack through Verizon, and now verizon has unlimited data, so I can use my phone for data all I want. 
Well worth the money for the cable, and definitely buy a LONG 12ft hdmi cable to the tv so you can sit back and not have to put your beer down.

jubileee said:

If you want to sell your old Apple TV you'll find it to be in high demand.  Put it on eBay and someone will snatch it up quick.

I can run anything through my Apple TV that I can get on any of my Apple devices without a cable.  I hooked it up to the HDMI distribution box and can use it on the outside tv.  With the "smart " tv I can run straight off the internet with amazon prime, Netflix,Hulu and others.  The only problem has been lack of bandwidth.  Verizon has unlimited, but they throttle it down after you reach a certain point.

Back
Top Bottom