First trip!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captaindomon

Thank you everyone for your advice! We took our first shake-down trip from SLC to Goblin Valley, about 200 miles each way. A lot of learning of course, but everything went fairly smoothly. Here is a picture once we were set up. Happy Trails!

Attachments

• RV.JPG
    RV.JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 118
That's a beautiful setting! There's something to be said for setting up camp in the middle of nowhere, and roughing it with all the amenities of home. Glad to hear you had a nice trip.

Kev

I have always wanted to camp in Goblin Valley, but I have never been lucky enough to snag a reservation. Have you tried Kodachrome Basin State Park? Another great place.

UTTransplant said:
I have always wanted to camp in Goblin Valley, but I have never been lucky enough to snag a reservation. Have you tried Kodachrome Basin State Park? Another great place.

The picture above is on free BLM land! It's only about 10 miles outside the state park, easy to get into and out of, on gravel in a leveled area provided for RVs for free, even has a pit toilet and some fire rings. Highly recommended. No reservation needed.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/38%C2%B039'23.6%22N+110%C2%B039'40.1%22W/@38.656546,-110.6633277,997m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d38.656546!4d-110.661139

Love Goblin Valley!  Such a fun place to explore.  The nearby slot canyon also is neat.  Glad you enjoyed your first trip.

ArdraF

Goblin Valley St Park is a more beautiful place to stay...

Attachments

• Goblin Valley30.JPG
    Goblin Valley30.JPG
    277.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Goblin Valley32.JPG
    Goblin Valley32.JPG
    292.3 KB · Views: 50
Kevin Means said:
Nice Terry! I'm putting Goblin Valley on my list.

Kev

The actual park is definitely beautiful to camp in the official campsite, but reservations are difficult to come by and if you can't get a reservation you can park at the other location above and just drive five minutes to see the park, if that makes sense.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom