Replacing TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dick Zeiter

I want to replace my front 20" diagonal CRT TV with a 24: diagonal flat screen. Current TV is top center. I do not want to make any framework changes. Wiring will  not be an issue.

I was hoping to mount the flat screen just in front of the current frame in such a manner that it would swing up or sideways to allow storage in the remaining cavity but, still take the bumpy ride. Using a wall mount might be difficult attaching fasteners behind the TV and I don't want to put screws in the front of the existing frame.
Any thoughts?

Pull out old and frame replaced with cabinet with door. Mounted heavy duty wall mount for TV.
Works great! I installed 39" TV to mount.

Attachments

• WP_20140309_001.jpg
    WP_20140309_001.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 85
bobsharon said:
Pull out old and frame replaced with cabinet with door. Mounted heavy duty wall mount for TV. Works great! I installed 39" TV to mount.

Does the swing-out lock into the travel position so it does not flop around while driving?  If so, brand, model & source?

Simple Google search gives numerous options
Search "tv wall mount swing arm lock"
Mine was done before these were on the market

I too replaced my old CRT with a flat screen. One thing to note is that the flat screen TV's have lousy speakers, so I had to buy a sound bar to enhance the sound. Just a thought when thinking of placing your tv. Good luck.

dsrtrdr said:
One thing to note is that the flat screen TV's have lousy speakers,

And then they mount them on the back, making adjusting volume an issue too.

Piano hinge, piece of 1/2 or better yet 3/4 inch interior grade plywood faced with Walnut, Oak etc veneer, stain, Poly finish, 2 latches to hold it closed. Mount the TV directly to the door. Voila job finished!

That is exactly what I did, now we use the empty space for dry cereal, paper products storage.

Back
Top Bottom