Leveling jack problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Stephens

I have HWH leveling jacks on my 2005 Adventurer. The right rear jack has always been slow to retract, but something I could alleviate with some silicone spray on the piston after cleaning off any dirt or dust. When I put it in storage a couple of weeks ago after having it at the shop to have the knock sensors replaced in the engine, the right rear jack wouldn't come down at all. The down light on the control panel didn't even come on. The other three jacks worked fine.

Can anyone tell me what this might mean? With the light not even coming on or the jack trying to come down at all, even with my help from tugging on it, I'm wondering if this is a solenoid issue or possibly something electrical.

We just had our HWH system repaired today at Stuart's Service in Elkhart IN. Last week we had the circuit board fail then Monday the hyd pump died. Both were covered under warranty Chuck handled all the paper work the repairs were done very quick. He is also very helpful on the phone on figuring out what your problem could be.,

Wizard46 said:
You can download a troubleshooting procedure at www.hwh.com
Jerry, I have combed the HWH site and found no troubleshooting section. I found the correct manual for my coach, but it still tells me nothing about this particular problem.

More-Gas said:
We just had our HWH system repaired today at Stuart's Service in Elkhart IN. Last week we had the circuit board fail then Monday the hyd pump died. Both were covered under warranty Chuck handled all the paper work the repairs were done very quick. He is also very helpful on the phone on figuring out what your problem could be.,

It's good that you found a good mechanic that you can trust. I have one of my own down here in SW Florida. I'm simply trying to avoid sticker shock when I take it into him if I can find out what is causing this problem beforehand.

John Stephens said:
......Can anyone tell me what this might mean? With the light not even coming on or the jack trying to come down at all, even with my help from tugging on it, I'm wondering if this is a solenoid issue or possibly something electrical.
I suspect the solenoid (if you're lucky), or the control box. Control box is about $800 from HWH.

Tried to post the PDF file for the manual. Can someone tell me how to attach a PDF ???
Try this link http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml33832.pdf

It would be best to just post a link to the file as we can't put up copyrighted content on the forum. To post attachments (files, images), under the text entry box is a Plus sign and "Attachments and other options" - click on that line to open up a dialog.

Wizard46 said:
Tried to post the PDF file for the manual. Can someone tell me how to attach a PDF ???
Try this link http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml33832.pdf

Thanks for this link. I couldn't find this publication yesterday on their website.

John Canfield said:
I suspect the solenoid (if you're lucky), or the control box. Control box is about $800 from HWH.

According to the troubleshooting guide referenced above, it looks like you're right, John. It could be a simple as a blown fuse, or it could be the solenoid or the box. Given that I've had issues with this particular jack in the past, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's the solenoid.

Thanks to both of you for your assistance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom