Forest River RV Cherokee Wolf Pup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RollingStones

Anyone have one of these or use one of these rigs?
I keep coming back to them since they are light weight, on the small side and have bunks.
I watched a few youtube videos and it looks good, but salesmen have a knack for making them look good.

Specifically we are looking at Forest River RV Cherokee Wolf Pup 16BHS for 2 adults and 2 kids and a small dog and a cat.

If not a good experience, care to share a more favorable alternative. Ideally like to keep it a travel trailer with bunks and under 3200lbs.

I am new to this site and I see your query is dated from March.  Did you ever get a response?  We are looking at the same model.  Thanks for any info you might have to share.

Folks over at http://www.forestriverforums.com could give you their opinion.

We were looking at the same class of trailers, (including the Wolf Pup), and eventually decided on a Winnebago Winnie Drop 170K.  The side dinettes in these type of floorplans were not big enough for a family of 4, and the Winnie has a nice, big, U-shaped dinette.  We decided that being able to sit down and eat at the same time was more important than the bigger bathroom and dedicated queen bed.

I'm not familiar with the Wolf Pup but we have had very good experience with our 2005 Forest River Cherokee Light 28A.

Old thread I know, but gotta say that any 16' trailer would be pretty darn small for 2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 animals.  Heck we had less bodies than that when we "outgrew" our first 35' Class A motorhome!  ;)  Our current bunkhouse travel trailer is 32', so 3 feet shorter but has 2 big slides (makes a huge difference) and four separate rooms WITH ACTUAL DOORS that can close between each one... master bedroom, bathroom, living area/kitchen, and bunkhouse bedroom.

Youtube videos and online ads are great for initial research, but to really get a "feel" for different styles of RV's, you've gotta get into one yourself.  See how much room there really is (or isn't).  Imagine everyone being stuck in there together on a rainy day (or 3) and decide how do-able that would be.

scottydl said:
Old thread I know, but gotta say that any 16' trailer would be pretty darn small for 2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 animals.  Heck we had less bodies than that when we "outgrew" our first 35' Class A motorhome!  ;)  Our current bunkhouse travel trailer is 32', so 3 feet shorter but has 2 big slides (makes a huge difference) and four separate rooms WITH ACTUAL DOORS that can close between each one... master bedroom, bathroom, living area/kitchen, and bunkhouse bedroom.

Youtube videos and online ads are great for initial research, but to really get a "feel" for different styles of RV's, you've gotta get into one yourself.  See how much room there really is (or isn't).  Imagine everyone being stuck in there together on a rainy day (or 3) and decide how do-able that would be.

Not all of us with 2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 animals want a big trailer.  :)

Back
Top Bottom