EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Is their a company that makes a spare tire holder for under my 2004 Thor Chateau  (Read 390 times)

2004CS

• ---
I have been looking at this spare tire on my bumper to long now. I have a Thor 2004 Chateau Sport 24-T on a e-450 ford Chassis. Would like to remove spare and put tire underneath in the rear area. It looks like spare was their before and than got moved to the rear bumper. I want to use the trailer hitch that is their to mount a  2 bike mounting unit.
Thanks for any help

jubileee

• ---
Have you considered a extension for the receiver hitch? Harbor Freight has a 12" one or they can be made to any length.

blw2

• ---
I ordered my through my dealer from thor
simple triangle attaches to two tabs that were already welded to the frame, as hinge points
the third point is a simple plate with a hole, that bolts to the frame
I put a chain around it too, just for insurance
Brad (DW + 3 kids)
13 Thor Chateau 31L Class C on Ford E-450
'06 Silverado
'05 Rockwood Freedom 1910 (5-1/2 years)
former tent campers

2004CS

• ---
Thanks Brad   I will look into this kind.

Charlie 5320

• ---
I would go to a salvage yard and get one off of a late model chevy pick up truck. They have a gear box with a cable that lowers with a handle. Both of my Damons had this type. You do have to lift the tire to get the cable through the center of the wheel, but that's not too hard to do. Never really paid to much attention to how it was fastened up there.
2003 National Dolphin 5320
496  8.1  Workhorse

98 Damon Daybreak 3130
GM Vortech 454  4L80E
SOLD

Old_Crow

• ---
  • Home is where you make it.
My Bounder has the winch to raise and lower the tire as 92GA suggested.  Then there is simply a piece of 2" channel attached to 2 pieces of all-thread that are bolted through the frame on each side to take the weight while traveling. 
Wally Crow
Retired 30 year ASE Master Auto Tech
Y2K Bounder 36S F53
'03 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

2004CS

• ---
Thanks I will go to my local auto junkyard to see what they have that will work.

Hosted by Over The Network