Is their a company that makes a spare tire holder for under my 2004 Thor Chateau

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2004CS

I have been looking at this spare tire on my bumper to long now. I have a Thor 2004 Chateau Sport 24-T on a e-450 ford Chassis. Would like to remove spare and put tire underneath in the rear area. It looks like spare was their before and than got moved to the rear bumper. I want to use the trailer hitch that is their to mount a  2 bike mounting unit.
Thanks for any help

Have you considered a extension for the receiver hitch? Harbor Freight has a 12" one or they can be made to any length.

I ordered my through my dealer from thor
simple triangle attaches to two tabs that were already welded to the frame, as hinge points
the third point is a simple plate with a hole, that bolts to the frame
I put a chain around it too, just for insurance

Attachments

• tire rack.jpg
    tire rack.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 43
  • tire 2.jpg
    tire 2.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 56
I would go to a salvage yard and get one off of a late model chevy pick up truck. They have a gear box with a cable that lowers with a handle. Both of my Damons had this type. You do have to lift the tire to get the cable through the center of the wheel, but that's not too hard to do. Never really paid to much attention to how it was fastened up there.

My Bounder has the winch to raise and lower the tire as 92GA suggested.  Then there is simply a piece of 2" channel attached to 2 pieces of all-thread that are bolted through the frame on each side to take the weight while traveling. 

Thanks I will go to my local auto junkyard to see what they have that will work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom