Looking at Class B Great West Van . What do you all think of this one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sierrasue123

2000 Dodge Ram / Great West Van B3500 / Class B RV / 5.2L V8

http://reno.craigslist.org/rvs/6025096843.html

Asking opinions on this little camper van.  Is the price high ? Are they nice camper vans? Durable? Good engine? Anything you can tell me. This one is very near to me and I may take a look.

Also, about what can you expect for gas mileage on these?

Thanks, Susan

Sorry I can't remember how you plan to use a RV.

Are you sure you want to go this small - might be OK for weekend trips - but it will get old really fast if your in it for weeks at a time.
Most of the time - people in this size will upgrade - I could be wrong but I doubt the seller is the original owner.

It of course is over priced some.  17years old.  5.2 engine is less than a 350cid, as 5.7 is a 350.  But it would probably be OK if not towing.

Worth a look - SURE why not - the more you look the more you will know what you want.

I am doing house and pet sitting  and currently have a lot of bookings thru the next year.
One I am at now in Tahoe is for 4 months and again next year for 4 months( they go every winter to Mexico ). Along with 2 month long house sits in Washington this summer. And a few other small ones in Tahoe area.
So, yes, I might be looking small. Because I just want it for in between sitting jobs which seem to be abundant. Started doing this after my pets all passed away.

roadrunner here, we have a 1997 great west class b classic with same engine and almost same inside. it had under 100k km on it when we bought it and now has 279 k km on it and still going real good and all we have had to do is small maintenance, tires ,batteries brakes etc..we have lived in it for 3 months at a time and very used to the tight space but also love the 18 to 22 miles per gallon at highway speeds as we do a lot of traveling and boon docking, we have the unit set up with solar panels and controller so it is very cheap to live in and park anywhere free!!!!! most times the unit is worth looking at

wylie3 said:
...and controller so it is very cheap to live in and park anywhere free!!!!! most times the unit is worth looking at
Please do not spread false information on this forum. You cannot park anywhere free. Most every city and county has a local ordinance against parking on the street.

please note, not once have we parked on the street or anywhere that we did not have permission to park, and one other thing I am not in the habit of telling lies, We stay away from over priced camp grounds as this sort of kills the idea of low priced travel and getting to see the great sites of the usa . we have literally crossed every state in both directions many times and over 500k kms and have yet to reach 300.00 dollars in camp fees, if this seems impossible please feel free to meet up and we will go for a couple of month get togeather yours truly wylie3

wylie3 said:
........so it is very cheap to live in and park anywhere free!!!!!
SeilerBird said:
Please do not spread false information on this forum. You cannot park anywhere free. Most every city and county has a local ordinance against parking on the street.

True, while he shouldn't have said "anywhere," neither did he say everywhere, though I notice you've restricted your location to the "street". However, you can park "almost" everywhere for free.

*Note: I said "almost" everywhere.

Darn ! They just re listed and lowered the price on the Great West Van a couple days ago. To $19,900. Guess they got serious about selling  I called this morning to take a look but she had just sold it this morning.  :-\

Back
Top Bottom