Looking for a decent location in the Phoenix area (Arizona)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

railboxoh

I'm looking to go full time and need a decent RV spot to call home.  I will be working in the phoenix area and hope to buy my rig soon. I?m not sure what size to choose, but I was thinking around 30 feet. Thank you so much for your advice. 

If you are planning to live FT in Phoenix metro in a RV I suggest you buy one that has the best insulation possible. It is hard to describe how hot 120 degrees is.
RichH

And make sure you have a 50 amp service with 2 A/C units, and that may not even be enough in summer months.

Other than that, you shouldn't have any problem finding a spot n the Phoenix area ... at least until the snowbirds return in the fall.

What part of town are you looking for?

where in the Phoenix metro are you looking? We were snow birds for 3 uears and now live here full time in a house, not the motor home!

I have lived in the Phoenix area for the last 19 years and in a MH in Phoenix for the last two years.  First it is HOT in the summer, May to Oct.  As another poster suggested, get 50 amp service, two AC units and the best insulation you can find, including double pane windows.  Buy extra insulation to put in your windows.  If you get a MH look for a park where you can face North to keep the sun off the windshield.  The second thing is, where are you going to work.  Phoenix is very large and the commute can be tough.  I think Mesa has the largest number of parks to chose from.  There is also light rail in Mesa.  If your work site is going to be near light rail, you may want to consider a park near light rail and save the hassle of the commute by car.  RVparkreviews.com and Good Sam are two good sources to check out parks.  I do not know if you have done a lot of camping, but usually the longer you stay, the lower the rate.  We will be moving to Mesa in Aug as I still work.  We are going to rent for a year to get the best rate.  This is about 1/3 the monthly rate.  The downside is we have to pay cash up front for the whole year.  You did not say when you plan to move in, but I would suggest making reservations as soon as possible.  We started looking at a park in Mesa last month and they had very few spaces left as most have already been reserved by snowbirds for next year.

Good luck with your new unit.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours.

We spent a couple of months in Phoenix last fall ... we stayed at Desert's Edge RV park (aka "the Purple Park") located on the north west side of town very near the I-17 / 101 Interchange.  It was a decent park - clearly oriented to serve snowbirds and folks who are actually traveling.  No park models, no mobile homes, etc.  Amenities were simple (pool, hot tub, laundry, activities / rec room).  Close to good shopping (2..ish miles) - at the Happy Valley shopping complex - Walmart, :eek:wes, Dick's and tons more.  We were there in September and October (pre-snowbird rush) so the place wasn't too full ... but, we found the place to be peaceful and quiet.  We've got reservations to winter there this coming winter.  Oldest son recently moved out there ... figure we'll spend the winter his neighborhood. 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom