Microwave venting for Adventure 32V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

old_dutchman

Has anyone installed a vent to the outside for a microwave. I'm a Tin-knocker by trade and wondering if there are
electrical wires as in 24 or 120 volts to worry about in the outside wall.
                    Thanks.. Gerry

Usually microwaves come preset for recirc, and a kit and instructions to convert to vented.  On Samsung microwaves that simply means flipping the fan and instal the outside vent sheet metal.  As for your RV it means cutting a hole and mounting an outside vent cover.  Pretty simple stuff.  Removing the microwave is probsbly the worst part of the job.

Winnebago uses a huge NC router to cut channels in the wall foam before final lamination and run 12 volt and 120 volt wires in them. I used an electronic stud finder with settings for finding metal and 120 volt lines.
What I would do today is buy a microwave designed to be installed in a cabinet. They come with front venting.

Winnebago should be able to provide you a drawing of that wall section. Call or email Winnebago Customer Relations.

Chances are strong that there is nothing at all in the sidewall if you want to cut a hole for a vent. The sidewalls are assembled as a unit without any wires; any wiring is added after the sidewalls are fixed to the floor.

Thanks for all the info. I will go with a few pilot holes and take it from there. my main worry was wires on the outside wall. Thanks Gary your info sounds good to me and make sense.

If you are talking an Adventurer, I am sure you are aware that many of the models have the 12 volt circuit breakers directly above the microwave.

captcosmic said:
Not really sure, but why couldn't it be vented out the refrigerator vent on the roof?
I will take a better look tomorrow.. but I'm sure it isn't  can't see the room unless its just cavity for
the air to be directed to that location

My mom's 1999 and 2001 Adventurers both had outside vents for the microwave. Did they do away with the vent for 1 year?

old_dutchman said:
Thanks for all the info. I will go with a few pilot holes and take it from there. my main worry was wires on the outside wall. Thanks Gary your info sounds good to me and make sense.
I wouldn't do that. Follow John Hilley's advice and call/email Winnebago Owner Relations for a schematic of the wall. There is a chance the area is already CNC routed on the inside for a vent.

captcosmic said:
Not really sure, but why couldn't it be vented out the refrigerator vent on the roof?

captcosmic
Blowing "hot", "humid", often "greasy", "cooking exhust" out the roof vent for the refrigerator would not be good... (for a lot of reasons).
IMO it's best if exhaust fan built into an "over the cook top Microwave oven" can blow directly to the outside...(through sheet metal
duct-work leading to a vent cut through the outside wall of the coach).

mel s said:
captcosmic
Blowing "hot", "humid", often "greasy", cooking exhust" out the roof vent for the refrigerator would not be good... (for a lot of reasons).
IMO it's best if the built in exhaust fan built into an "over the cook top Microwave oven" can blow directly to the outside...(through sheet metal
duct- work leading to a vent cut through the outside wall of the coach).

Now that makes sense on why not to do it. :)

Back
Top Bottom