Mirrorless cameras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. Can't wait for it to arrive, then sell my other cameras.

The Panasonic G7 arrived a day earlier than promised. I'm awaiting a few other bits, including a bag and an SD card, but I'm up and running with a lower-capacity card. I don't normally read manuals, believing that stuff should be intuitive to use, but I've made an exception and started reading. All the options are somewhat mind boggling. I love the light weight of this camera.

I might hit the water in the bass boat in the morning, and see if I can get some shots of local landmarks and wildlife.

I always read the manual while I am waiting for the camera to arrive. Then sit down with the camera and the manual after it arrives and go over absolutely everything with the camera in my hand and try it all out. Then about a month later sit down and go through it again. It is extremely difficult to absorb everything a modern camera can do in one sitting.

SeilerBird said:
I always read the manual while I am waiting for the camera to arrive. Then sit down with the camera and the manual after it arrives and go over absolutely everything with the camera in my hand and try it all out. Then about a month later sit down and go through it again. It is extremely difficult to absorb everything a modern camera can do in one sitting.

A man who reads a manual? At last  ;D ;D

And Tom, these photos are getting a big build up, expectations are high ?

LOL Jackie, don't hold your breath. My grandson's wife & partner in his photo business uses this camera for her blogging biz. My GS offered to walk me through the features on the phone, and I'm going to take hIm up on the offer; That should help shorten the learning curve. Fortunately, we have a 'cheap calls' international plan on our home phone  ;D

Played a little with the WiFi remote operation from tablet or phone. Neat feature, that's also available on other cameras/brands I looked at. First time to have it on any of my cameras.

Tom, I have found most camera manuals to be frustrating to glean the information you need to use. A better choice is to do one of two things, or both, go to you tube and type in your camera make and model and look for tutorials and look for a book on your specific camera.  I have found these to be way more useful.

Thanks Bruce, will do. I'm also looking forward to a phone walk-through with my GS.

Tom takes his new mirrorless camera on its first outing......  ?

Attachments

• mammoth-camera.jpg
    mammoth-camera.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 26
Congrats on your M43 purchase.  I too was hung up on all my Canon gear - 5D, 6D, flashes, and lots of huge lenses.  Fast forward about a year and I'm now rocking an Oly EM10mII with mainly prime lenses.  It's astonishing how well a small body can produce great files and being more portable is just another added bonus. 

jackiemac said:
Tom takes his new mirrorless camera on its first outing......  ?

That is funny, I recall that photo from my photography history classes.  I bet Tom did not realize he was going to become intimately familiar with wet plates.

I bet Tom did not realize he was going to become intimately familiar with wet plates.

I have exposed and unexposed emulsion plates from my Dad's early photography days. I was showing them to my grandson (pro photographer) while he was visiting a couple of weeks ago. We played around with different ways to produce a digital image using today's tools.

I spent hours looking for a replacement for my Canon Speedlite flash to provide TTL capability on the Panasonic G7. I'd find something, then it wouldn't be available. Finally opted for the Panasonic DMW-FL36L flash from Adorama.

The Panasonic DMW-FL36L flash (finally) arrived today. Just like my Canon Speedlite flash, it required external batteries.

First playing around was somewhat disappointing, and the flash appeared to discharge the camera battery. More practice tomorrow.

Can't figure out where to put the film  ???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom