Has anyone ever built in their own dinette sitting bench?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dodgersmom

We have a table and chairs in our slide out dining area.  I?m not loving it.  I?ve realized that I really did prefer the bench seating that was in our last trailer.  I was more comfortable on the cushioned benches and I miss the extra storage that they provided.  I?m thinking about building in benches for both sides of our table. 
My brother is really handy and can do the job, but I thought I?d ask if anyone has tackled such a project and might have any tricks or advise to be shared. 

You could probably find used or gently used on Ebay or craigslist. Someone "parting out " a TT or the sort. It could save you alot of time and money. In fabric and sewing alone I could see you speding a few hundred bux.

Touchracing:

Unfortunately, we're in Northern California.  That's many miles from you.  :-\

I have been watching on EBay and Craig's list in case something close to us pops up.
The interior of our trailer is dark wood and we may be asking too much to fine a good match, but we'd like the dinette to look like it was original to the trailer. 

I have no problem getting cushions reupholstered, but if the dinette bases need to be refinished to match, then maybe we will need to build our own.  Saw some new replacement options on line also. 

If we build our own, I'll be sure to share that project.

Thank you!

touchracing said:
Dodgersmom where are you located?  I just pulled the dinette out of my 2014 TT this past weekend.

Where are you located? I am looking for a dinette set for my rv, actually looking for three benches in total, but two would be a good start.

I did something that you might want to consider. I made a bench on just 1 side and kept 2 chairs for the other. This setup works great for the 2 of us and when we have company, I have a folding chair to add to the mix if needed. I added a full length sliding drawer under the bench.

Back
Top Bottom