Norcold to residential fridge project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks real nice Bob. I hope you came up with a way to hold your doors shut while motoring down the road. If you don't, you'll liable to end up with your breakfast all ready prepared for the next morning. Scrambled eggs.
;D :D ;)

One thing I just noticed while looking at you pictures again, (picture 14) I would recommend you put a radius on the two corners of the plywood where it sticks out. It looks awfully sharp and it will do a number on your leg if you walk into it.  Mama won't be happy either if she walks into it. You could do it easily even with the fridge installed using a belt sander.

BinaryBob said:
Took the day off to finish this project.
Found maple edge banding at Menards. (Thanks for that tip)...
Looks very nice, good job Bob. Rene has a point (pun intended) about that sharp corner. If there's a chance to run into it, you can knock the corner down at a 45* angle and put the banding on. I like your maple interior, keeps the interior light and airy looking. My cherry interior has really darkened over the years.

Thank you!
Hmm.. I just don't see how we'll be running into the corners. I might be wrong. We'll give it some time and see how it goes.

For securing the doors while rolling, I'll use a simple Velcro tie strip for now. Other projects are on the list.

Looks good Bob. I am still finishing my install - Course having the motorhome in the shop for two months slowed me down some.

Thank you !
We'll be taking it out on our first fridge test run next week.
When we arrive at our destination, I'm hopeful the fridge will be in the same place as when we left.  ;D
The queen doesn't want to be running to the bedroom to get the dinner fixins.....  :eek:

Successful trip with new fridge.
Should have done this a long time ago.
Interestingly, this particular model does not need to have the doors secured while rolling.

SargeW said:
Outstanding Bob! But I'm not sure I would trust the doors going around a 360 degree freeway ramp on a bumpy Ca road.
... and add in a casserole dish that decides to push on the door in the turn ... been there ... big mess!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom