Oct. 2017 Pomona RV show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

702Rubi

I'm hoping that by October I'll have enough basic knowledge about RVs then I'll feel ready to actually start looking at them. Of course the process of looking at hundreds of RVs may make me more confused than ever, LOL. But anyway I do hope to attend the big RV show in Pomona California in October.

http://www.thebestrvshow.com/

Realistically, how much time should I allot to have a good look at everything on display? I'm pretty sure one day isn't enough!

What would you recommend? Do any of you veterans plan to go this year, or have you been to it in past years?

We have been several times in the past. For us it takes just one afternoon, but we tend to focus on a particular style and type of motor home, so we limit our wanderings. If you want to take in all the different classes and types of rigs, then you could easily do a few days.  There is also the big tent to wander through and peruse all the different vendor booths.  So my advice is, if you haven't been before, take your time and browse. You will learn stuff you never imagined about the RV lifestyle!

That's the biggest show we've ever been to.

The vendors weren't very plentiful and there were only two food vendors operating. That was about 5 years ago.

I would hope that if your on this forum you might have a class or RV type decided on in 6 months.

Then if you don't have a unit by that time, you could just concentrate on the Class or type of RV you plan to purchase someday.

WE almost always recommend that a first time buyer, buy used - of course the extremely RICH might not take that advice,  ;D
So a SHOW is for looking and not for buying for most people - especially if you are planning on buying used.

Plan on going during the week.  Weekends are a madhouse but if you go on a weekday you'll have the place pretty much to yourself.  Last year I went on a Wednesday and you could roll a bowling ball down the aisles and not hit anybody.  On a weekend you'll be lining up to enter almost any RV.

You can see it all in a single day, but two days are better.  Look through everything the first day and take notes of the models you like the best, then go back the next day and give those another look.  Spend time going through the motions of living in them.

This is a dealer show, don't fall for the "show special" pricing.  With a little negotiating you can get the same or better price from the dealer after the show, and hopefully you'll get a unit that hundreds of people haven't tramped through.

While nothing like what you'll find at an Escapade or FMCA rally, there are seminars scheduled throughout the day.  When you get tired of walking, head over to the seminar tent and sit for a while.

And bring water and sunscreen.  Pomona can be hot and sunny in October.

Thanks for the responses! 

Between now and October I'll be very busy traveling in my current setup. So I'll just be trying to do research on the side. Therefore I don't think I'll be ready to buy yet even by October LOL.  But it all depends upon how much I learn by reading and talking to RV owners I meet along the way, Etc.

Back
Top Bottom