EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: campgrounds near Sequoias  (Read 305 times)

dblocker

• ---
campgrounds near Sequoias
« on: April 01, 2017, 10:17:54 PM »
Looking for a campground near Kings Canyon/Sequoia national parks.  any suggestions appreciated.

dee

BIG JOE

• ---
  • Twice Retired
Re: campgrounds near Sequoias
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 10:51:38 PM »
Looking for a campground near Kings Canyon/Sequoia national parks.  any suggestions appreciated
dee

TT, FW, MH and the length is important if you plan to visit Sequoia/Kings canyon.... as to what entrance you want to use. Little more info ?
Joe

Tow an 016 29RS "Reflection" 5r w/Trailair pin box...with a 2012 Ford DRW, F-350, 4x4, Loaded de-Blinged Lariat CC, 6.7 Diesel.. Wife & I, Beck & Sheeka the Dogs.. And as of 5-17.. Lizzie, the Kitten in Training.

dblocker

• ---
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 10:55:22 PM »

sorry about the lack of info.  Driving a 40' DP with a ford F-150 tow.  I am flexible on which entrance to use.

thanks
dee

BIG JOE

• ---
  • Twice Retired
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 11:30:31 PM »
sorry about the lack of info.  Driving a 40' DP with a ford F-150 tow.  I am flexible on which entrance to use.

thanks
dee

@ 40', with a Toad, You would want to use Hwy 180. Hwy 198 has length restrictions due to on-going construction & maintenance issues.. and 198 is a VERY narrow, STEEP Winding road.. inside the park entrance.

On 198 there are 2 very nice RV parks in Three Rivers, Ca., on the Kaweah river, about 10 miles from the Park entrance, you could then
Visit the park(s) with your F-150 ?

Hwy 180 is a good 2 lane mountain Hwy, with pull outs and a few uphill passing lanes. Once you are In the Parks, there are Many Camp Grounds. Grant Grove.. is central to both of the the NP sights.

We live about 50 miles from Sequoia/Kings Canyon NP.. Go up in that area often. I would suggest you visit their Website for specifics ??
Joe

Tow an 016 29RS "Reflection" 5r w/Trailair pin box...with a 2012 Ford DRW, F-350, 4x4, Loaded de-Blinged Lariat CC, 6.7 Diesel.. Wife & I, Beck & Sheeka the Dogs.. And as of 5-17.. Lizzie, the Kitten in Training.

Hosted by Over The Network