AT&T Unlimited 4G LTE for $20 a month

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BoonDocker Bob said:
Come out to the "true" midwest , or further west and you WILL find plenty of DEAD spots for AT&T  ...  LOL    ;D

As long as AT&T works in the places we routinely travel, I'll stay with them at the prices they're currently offering. If we should happen to pass through the "true midwest" sometime and our Max Amp doesn't get the job done for some reason, our Verizon 3G service will likely be adequate for the time we'll be there.

I'm ready to buy, so I'm interested in responses.

Tom said:
I'm ready to buy, so I'm interested in responses.

X3.  Currently have unlimited 3G Verizon Mifi which works pretty well, but this would be a nice fill-in when AT&T is available

Sun2Retire said:
X3.  Currently have unlimited 3G Verizon Mifi which works pretty well, but this would be a nice fill-in when AT&T is available

We're doing it the other way around now. We're using the $20 AT&T Mobley 4G/LTE unlimited plan full time, and only using our $5 Verizon 3G unlimited plan as a fill in if we hit a bad AT&T area, which hasn't happened yet. Or when we want an easy to carry portable service at the beach, etc.

NY_Dutch said:
We're doing it the other way around now. We're using the $20 AT&T Mobley 4G/LTE unlimited plan full time, and only using our $5 Verizon 3G unlimited plan as a fill in if we hit a bad AT&T area, which hasn't happened yet. Or when we want an easy to carry portable service at the beach, etc.

Well ya Dutch that's what I meant. Why use 3G when 4G's available?  ::)

Generally we've found fair-good AT&T coverage but on the fringe Verizon is definitely better. Here at our sticks house for example there is zero AT&T or Sprint coverage yet we routinely use our Verizon phones, and mifi data runs at about 1.2MBPS, not bad for 3G.

Sun2Retire said:

Generally we've found fair-good AT&T coverage but on the fringe Verizon is definitely better. Here at our sticks house for example there is zero AT&T or Sprint coverage yet we routinely use our Verizon phones, and mifi data runs at about 1.2MBPS, not bad for 3G.

Since adding our Max Amp RV cell booster, we haven't found anywhere yet that we don't get good AT&T and Verizon signals. We don't have any Sprint or T-Mobile devices anymore, so I can't comment on their signals.

I agree, anything over 1Mbps is good on 3G. I've even streamed Amazon Prime movies to our TV on 3G with no buffering.

Sun2Retire said:

So much depends on where you are. Down near a Scout camp 75 or so miles SE of Denver, AT&T service is available, but no other carrier is receivable. I actually use Consumer Cellular, but it runs on the AT&T network, and the spots in our travels where service disappears are scarce, though it does happen, especially in a place like Yellowstone where no one has service.

NY_Dutch said:
Since adding our Max Amp RV cell booster, we haven't found anywhere yet that we don't get good AT&T and Verizon signals.

Try it at our cabin in Northern Idaho...I had a Max AMP and had to send it back as it wouldn't work even with the phone inches away. Gord sent me different antennas and amps and nothing worked.

I have an old 3G Wilson amp and it works sometimes.

Terry A. Brewer said:
Try it at our cabin in Northern Idaho...I had a Max AMP and had to send it back as it wouldn't work even with the phone inches away. Gord sent me different antennas and amps and nothing worked.

I have an old 3G Wilson amp and it works sometimes.

I must have gotten a good one then. We've gotten good 4G signals in places our previous WeBoost either got 3G only or nothing.

RLSharp said:
Has anyone found a supplier for the ZTE Mobley the last week or so. I have searched the Internet for the last week with no luck.

There's a guy on Ebay Amazon selling new Mobleys for $180 compared to AT&T's out-of-stock $100 price.  Good old American free market in action.

Still, it might be worth the extra cost to get grandfathered in at $20 per month.  I hear the promotion ends in July - after that it's likely going back to the regular $40 per month for new signups, which is still a bargain.

About the Mobley's wifi range, I used it in the company's Toyota FJ Cruiser and left it plugged into the ODB II port when I checked into the motel last night.  I had no problem reaching it from inside the motel room.

Lou you got me going at 179 but the lowest I found was 289 and 299 a few minutes ago.

Jeff said:
Lou you got me going at 199 but the lowest I found was 289 and 299 a few minutes ago.

Seems like this started at $100; I'm loosing interest quickly. Going to try and swing by an AT&T store to see what they have to say about ordering now and being grandfathered. Otherwise, will have to live with the unlimited Verizon 3G I have at $5/mo.

Jeff said:
FYI AZTT shows them backordered until June 19th or so.

I called AT&T today and they could not confirm when, or even if, the device would be available. The representative told me there is an inside rumor that AT&T may discontinue the program for new subscribers, strictly a rumor. She also stated that representatives were aware of the devices being sold on eBay and other nonofficial locations, and that some of those devices are found to be incompatible with the AT&T system as they are re-flashed non-AT&T devices. I didn't get the impression she was trying to dissuade me from buying from AT&T as they don't have it anyway.

When I questioned whether there was a way to get locked in to the current program while waiting for a device, she unequivocally stated that was not possible. She said she was however not aware of any planned termination of the current plan, although since there are no devices available for said plan she said it's all pure speculation at this time.

She said she was aware of how popular the device was with RVers before I mention what my interest was.

So, congratulations to those who got theirs, the rest of us will have to wait and see.

Scott, as of right now the AT&T web site is letting you pre-order the Mobley and, more importantly, sign up for the $20 per month plan.  Apparently AT&T is scrambling to meet the demand and has another batch of the Mobley devices on the way.

https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobley.html#sku=sku7700323

Yesterday the web page was aborting with an "out of stock" message after you selected the Mobley, now you can proceed all the way to checkout.  A definite improvement.

Get them while they're hot!

Back
Top Bottom