2012 Keystone Sprinter problem with the Converter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boxman

I have a 2012 Keystone Sprinter 328RLS TT. I had problems recently with the voltage on the inside lights blinking and the electric awning rolling out. I thought the battery was getting old so I replaced the battery on the TT. I thought the converter was still working OK because I could hear the low hum inside the trailer at the control panel. My trailer is stationary at my farm and is hooked into a full time power source. I have not been to the trailer in several weeks and recently went back this weekend. The awning would barely extend out and the inside lights were very dim. I hooked a battery charger to the battery and charged it up and things seemed to work pretty good. Do you think I have a bad converter or could it be something else? Thanks for any feedback.

Likely the converter, but it's easy to check. The voltage at the battery terminals should be in the 13.3v-13.6v range when the RV is plugged to shore power.

If not, make sure the converter is receiving 120v power (breaker not tripped) and that its reverse polarity fuses (if it has them) are not blown. What make/model converter/charger is it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom