Outer Windshield Gasket 2000 Rialta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crowderpeasonaroll

We have a 2000 Rialta and need to replace a windshield gasket. We don't know too much about this so i'm looking for some confirmation on what we think we are seeing. The gasket that needs replacing lies on the outside of the windshield. The corners have shrunk so you can now see the windshield glass and that appears to be sealed to the metal of the RV. I assume this means there is an outer and an inner seal for the windshield and the outer is the one i need to replace.  Do we just rip off this old damaged gasket and replace it ourselves? Is this something we can do, or does it need to be done by a shop?

I'm not familiar with the Rialta but Winnebago practice is to not use a gasket to keep the windshield in place. Typical construction is to use an adhesive on a metal frame and the glass is placed on the metal frame. The molding you see shrinking is most likely just a trim piece placed there to cover the glass to front cap joint. Call Lichtsinn in Forest City (parts department) and they can look up a part number for you.

Back
Top Bottom