Stone mountain georgia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peggyy

Have you camped at Stone Mountain State Park in Georgia?  I've read all the posts on here and there are mixed reviews. I read all the reviews on trip advisor and there are mixed reviews.  If you stay there and had a great site please let me know the site number!  any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

Stayed there last year and it was very disappointing for the money - very rustic.  The site we has was approx. 4 degrees side to side and 4 degrees front to back.  The site was also on a steep hill and getting into and out of it was interesting.  If you do stay get a site more toward the road and not the lake.  Or check assigned site and if not good drive around and find a better site and go to office for it.  Not all there sites are reserved but first come.

Jennifer

Stone Mtn is nearly always busy, so your chances of getting any particular site # are slim. Many of the sites are relatively short and not all that level, so you may well encounter what ferfer did. However, your rig isn't real long and unlike a long motorhome, you can place the truck crosswise or whatever. I would suggest describing your rig as being larger, to try to get some room. Your 264BHW is considered a 26 footer, but its overall length is 29.5 ft, so make sure you call it 29 or 30 footer and not a 26. It might help get a larger spot. I think the premium spots are a bit roomier as well.

Hunting around for an alternative to the assigned site is worthwhile if you find the assigned site a poor match for you needs.

Back
Top Bottom