Well, it's official! 2017 Allegro Bus 2017 40SP on order!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
Talked to my salesman at Sherman RV in MS today, our order should have been sent to Tiffin! We are super excited to get the process started, and await anxiously for news of the build date. I will be flying back to CRB (the Tiffin factory) to watch the build of the main structure.

I may not even have a house when I get back (we are selling), but I will be happily homeless til the rig is done. Life is full of surprises!

Congratulations on your new Rig! It sounds like you're going full time...good for you both.  And yes, life is full of surprises!

Yep, going back to life on the road for a while. I liked the S&B, but we just didn't spend enough time here to make sense keeping it.

Sarge.  Forgot to ask in my first reply...did you find a better rate on financing, or did they stick to their guns?

Congrats Sarge,,, what is going to be your home base ?

As far as interest rates, 4.69 is still the best rate out there for a 20 year fixed.  They get cheaper as they get shorter, but the payment also grows significantly.  We will be going back to being South Dakota residents. The last time we were FT we used My Dakota Address to handle all of our needs and it worked well.  Still have the same address as the matter of fact.

Congrats Sarge. Is this it?

https://www.lazydays.com/rvs/tampa-fl/class-a/tiffin-motorhomes-allegro-bus-1027185

Wow!!! I'm jealous. ;D Enjoy the journey and keep us posted.

Hey congratulations Marty! Those are great coaches. Does this one come with an outside entertainment center, or are you going to have to saw another hole in your wall? :D

Kev

RoyM said:
Wow!!! I'm jealous. ;D Enjoy the journey and keep us posted.

Ditto. And congratulations. Will be great fun watching the build.

Pretty sure this is our last coach, but there's always the lottery!  ;) Question, how did you arrive at the 40 footer? Was this a max length decision, best floor plan, cost? You're in the serious coin area anyway and assume you may have considered larger units. I've thought if I decided to replace ours 40 is the limit as there are a fair number of places we've been where anything larger wouldn't fit.

Rene T said:
Congrats Sarge. Is this it?
https://www.lazydays.com/rvs/tampa-fl/class-a/tiffin-motorhomes-allegro-bus-1027185

That's the one Rene! It still has some of the same features as our current Phaeton, with some other cool stuff. Of course we added or deleted a bunch of stuff to personalize it. I can't wait to see it roll off the line! 

Kevin Means said:
Hey congratulations Marty! Those are great coaches. Does this one come with an outside entertainment center, or are you going to have to saw another hole in your wall? :D
Kev

LOL Kev!  No, I decided to let the factory cut the hole in this one. I don't know if Diane could stand me cutting up another RV!

Sun2Retire said:
Question, how did you arrive at the 40 footer? Was this a max length decision, best floor plan, cost? You're in the serious coin area anyway and assume you may have considered larger units. I've thought if I decided to replace ours 40 is the limit as there are a fair number of places we've been where anything larger wouldn't fit.

Floor plan and features really drove our decision on this one Scott. Some stuff we were determined to get on this rig, like a king bed, a TV position across from the viewing angle instead of at a 90 degree angle, windows that slid open, not pushed out, and a engine that would have a true two stage jake instead of the VGT brake.  We looked at several floor plans that were in the 37-38' range, but none of them could check each box. The 40 SP was the first one that did. We looked seriously at Newmar's 38 footer, but all of their coaches now only come with push out windows. 

And here is the kicker. I always thought ordering an RV would be more expensive than buying off the lot. I was amazed to learn that by shopping out the dealers we are getting a 4 year newer coach, 4' longer with higher end features for LESS than we paid for the Phaeton 4 years ago!  The biggest draw back is waiting for the build.  The anticipation is killing me!

Congrats Marty, I copied your tv install way back when you had your Winny. Enjoy the new bus and back full timing.

Here is Marty modifying our 2013 Phaeton....There is no doubt there will be modifications when we get delivery of our new Allegro Bus.  The man never rests!!!  <3

Attachments

• TIFFIN MOD.jpg
    TIFFIN MOD.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 60
That will be a gorgeous coach, congrats! Tiffin is always been my favorite, I intend to buy a gently used Allegro bus myself in a few years, I look at them on RV trader all the time, I think I'm addicted to it, lol.

Well, the Phaeton drove off today! The new owner was ecstatic and headed off for northern Ca.  It feels weird though, the first time in about 19 years that I don't have a rv in my driveway.......

Attachments

• Phaeton leaving Fallbrook.jpg
    Phaeton leaving Fallbrook.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom