Cortez Co to West Yellowstone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Not A Clue

We are currently in Cortez, Co. and need to be in West Yellowstone the end of May.  No other time frame.  We would like to see the Flaming Gorge area in Utah.

What about taking the 191 all the way up to West Yellowstone?  Has anyone ever taken the hwy?

Or cut west and take hwy 89 north.  We have already been to Page and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion.  But have not been North of that on the 89. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
TIA.

I've been up 191 a few times with an 18W. 
Moab area is really nice, with Arches and Canyonlands to visit.
The drive up from Rock Springs is not bad. gets a little interesting after you top the rim, and start down to Hoback Junction, but if the weather is good, nothing really to worry about.
The stretch between Vernal and Rock Springs is a bit tedious. From Green River I usually went US-6 up to Salt Lake, and I-80 East to US-189 and up that way to Jackson and Yellowstone. But the Flaming Gorge is probably worth a visit.

As for 89, I'm not much help. Jimmy Carter was President last time I ran that road.

LarsMac said:
I've been up 191 a few times with an 18W. 
Moab area is really nice, with Arches and Canyonlands to visit.
The drive up from Rock Springs is not bad. gets a little interesting after you top the rim, and start down to Hoback Junction, but if the weather is good, nothing really to worry about.
The stretch between Vernal and Rock Springs is a bit tedious. From Green River I usually went US-6 up to Salt Lake, and I-80 East to US-189 and up that way to Jackson and Yellowstone. But the Flaming Gorge is probably worth a visit.

As for 89, I'm not much help. Jimmy Carter was President last time I ran that road.

Thanks!

That north 89 is a beautiful drive up through Utah lots of farms, canyons to see and a few animals on the road. Its worth the trip.

Journey said:
  That north 89 is a beautiful drive up through Utah lots of farms, canyons to see and a few animals on the road. Its worth the trip.

Thanks! Decisions  decisions!

Back
Top Bottom