EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Replacing kit. Faucet in 08 pop rt....  (Read 342 times)

Replacing kit. Faucet in 08 pop rt....
« on: April 09, 2017, 12:34:45 PM »
 Hi, I'm trying to replace the kit faucet. ..it's so hard to reach underneath. .is there a trick to undue the bolts that ho.d it to the top....I got the  hoses loose but can't reach the underneath  part of the faucet. ..any ideas...linda

JackL

• ---
Re: Replacing kit. Faucet in 08 pop rt....
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 01:45:51 PM »
I keep a "basin wrench". I am not sure if it will help you, but it is made just for that purpose. You can get them at Lowes or Home Depot for less than $10.
 It is about a 10" long rod that has a "T" handle at the bottom. The top has a hinged set of jaw clamps that goes on the nut. You flip the jaws one way to tighten the nut and the opposite way to loosen it.

Many times I have been able to use my channel locks, (water pump pliers) in a vertical position if the nut is not too tight.

Use  a hand held mirror and flashlight to take a look at your project before starting.

Jack L

Rene T

• ---
  • Great being on the right side of the grass
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 07:37:28 PM »
It  may be possible to remove the entire sink with the faucet assembly attached.  Remove the old and install the new. Then install the sink. 
Rene & Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 06:33:49 AM »
Basin wrench as suggested above is the way to go. Fairly inexpensive at any hardware store.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

Hosted by Over The Network