Replacing kit. Faucet in 08 pop rt....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

[email protected]

Hi, I'm trying to replace the kit faucet. ..it's so hard to reach underneath. .is there a trick to undue the bolts that ho.d it to the top....I got the  hoses loose but can't reach the underneath  part of the faucet. ..any ideas...linda

I keep a "basin wrench". I am not sure if it will help you, but it is made just for that purpose. You can get them at Lowes or Home Depot for less than $10.
It is about a 10" long rod that has a "T" handle at the bottom. The top has a hinged set of jaw clamps that goes on the nut. You flip the jaws one way to tighten the nut and the opposite way to loosen it.

Many times I have been able to use my channel locks, (water pump pliers) in a vertical position if the nut is not too tight.

Use  a hand held mirror and flashlight to take a look at your project before starting.

Jack L

It  may be possible to remove the entire sink with the faucet assembly attached.  Remove the old and install the new. Then install the sink. 

Basin wrench as suggested above is the way to go. Fairly inexpensive at any hardware store.

Back
Top Bottom