yellow sticker on door ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alan6051964

Hi, I have been doing a lot of reading on the forums here, and I see a few that keeps mentioning a yellow sticker on the driver side door for our towing weights and such ?. I went and looked at my driver side door on my '00 1/2 ton Silverado ( it does have the towing package ), and I see no yellow sticker, just a white sticker with all the numbers, my question is, are they suppose to be yellow ?, because mine is white, thanks :).

I have a 2007 Chev Silverado 2500HD and my driver's door has a silver factory GM decal. The door pillar has a different decal with some yellow areas and defines the "Tire and Loading information". Not all trucks have the same "style" of manufacturer sticker.

Reggie

Attachments

• Door Decal 2007 Chev Silverado-1.jpg
    Door Decal 2007 Chev Silverado-1.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Door pillar Decal 2007 Chev Silverado-1.jpg
    Door pillar Decal 2007 Chev Silverado-1.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 25
thank you regval, mine seems to just have the oem silver/white sticker with all the info, no yellow sticker, as long as it has the numbers ?, all is good !.

Yes, all is good. The tire loading decal gives information on tire inflation specs for the tire sizes specified on the label and stated cargo weight limit. However, the GVWR is the important info (IMO) as it is the max allowed weight of truck and cargo.

My decals are factory but sometimes one finds other decals on either the door or door pillar if the vehicle has been in a body shop. Replacement decals can be ordered by body shops and will include the VIN number but may look slightly different, including color.

Anyway... safe travels

Reggie

regval said:
Yes, all is good. The tire loading decal gives information on tire inflation specs for the tire sizes specified on the label and stated cargo weight limit. However, the GVWR is the important info (IMO) as it is the max allowed weight of truck and cargo.

My decals are factory but sometimes one finds other decals on either the door or door pillar if the vehicle has been in a body shop. Replacement decals can be ordered by body shops and will include the VIN number but may look slightly different, including color.

Anyway... safe travels

Reggie
thank you kindly sir :). I have a 1992 22ft Fleetwood wilderness, title says 4200lbs ( I am sure this is empty ), not worried about my truck not pulling it, or any danger ?, I have the WDH ( may not even need this ?, but it's better to be safe, than sorry ! ) sway friction bar, electric brake controller. still need to check the bearings and brake shoes ?, but I am pretty sure I can pull it..lol, thank you again, you have been very helpful :).

The infamous yellow label were phased in between 2004 and 2009.  No surprise your '00 does not have one.

Basically, it tells you what the cargo carrying capacity (CCC) of THAT vehicle was as it left the factory.  Get the truck weighed with a full tank of fuel.  GVWR from the white label - scale wt = CCC or Payload.  If you are in the truck when it is weighed, then do not include your weight when adding up cargo weight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom