Inverter- Power question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blowout100

Just installed the Centek 2000W inverter. Used 00 welding cables.  Mounted everything up. Did a ton of research.  Shut down converter and plugged in 15 amp cord. Then adapted to 30 amp then to 50amp and plugged in.

The fireplace heater works just fine. The microwave works. But NONE of the outlets do.  I get 50 amp and the two legs coming in. my question is how do I get the outlets to work so I can watch TV.  Why does the leg that works go the micro and fireplace?

I don't want to run extension cords all over the place and I don't want to install inverter only outlets.

First... For that inverter you need at least 0000 on the DC Side but that is NOT your problem

If I had to guess.. I'd say your problem is a bad adapter  The 30-50 one

Using a volt meter check the 50 amp outlet.. You should see 120 volts give or take a b it from either side to center (Flat blades) zero side to side.

If you can't "probe" the outlet.. Check at the main breaker box.. The two 50 amp breakers should show zero between them and 120 breaker to WHITE bus bar.

The 30-50 works fine connected to shore power and Honda generator.

Just when I connect to the 15 amp adapter...

There is only one "hot" wire in 15A and RV 30A outlets, but it transitions to two hots at the 30A-->50A adapter. It appears you are getting power to only one of those two hots, so the adapter is the suspicious point.  Otherwise you have some other problem in your coach power system and hooking up the inverter is coincidental.

Use your voltmeter to check for power on both the incoming hots at the load center. Odds are one of them has no power.  If both have 120v, then start looking for tripped breakers in the circuits for those outlets.

Since it works with shore power and Genny power with the 30 amp adapter I am suspecting its the 15A to 30a Who is troublesome.

Another question what about these pig tail 50A adapters where there is a 30A and a 15A. I know they are not for use with GFCI however If I have this and run two extension cords from two of the outlets on the converter I am wondering if that will solve the two leg 50a conundrum. 

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom