Clear sewer elbow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 135* clear elbow that I bought to attach to the camper to verify when the tank is clean.  Not sure why you'd need more than one.  My hose I bought has a 90* end to go into the CG plumbing. 

After many many years without one I finally bought a 45? clear elbow a couple years back.  That works fine for me.

It really depends on how much clearance you have between the end of your dump connection and the ground. I needed a short straight one because when I dump the air in my air bags, the coach can get really close to the ground in some places. 

As said, it depends on the ground clearance under your discharge fitting. I have a semi-permantly installed 45 degree clear elbow in this coach, but a previous Class C required a straight section if I wanted to use a hose support setup.

I have both, a 90 & 45* Camco brand, clear fittings. They swivel, even when attached. VERY handy for odd angle needs.. that are not supposed to happen ?

redneckgearhead said:
I have a 135* clear elbow that I bought to attach to the camper to verify when the tank is clean.  Not sure why you'd need more than one.  My hose I bought has a 90* end to go into the CG plumbing.

Didn't know they made 135* fittings. Can't see the purpose. I guess you could accomplish the same thing by connecting a 90* and a 45* together.

Another "it depends" answer here. I had a 45* clear elbow on our 1st TT and would turn it left or right as needed. On our 2nd TT the pipe came off the belly at a 45* down angle so I switched to a strait section. I've been using that on our 5th wheel, too,  but am thinking about going back to a 45* since the pipe sticks strait out and is higher.

A friend of mine was telling me "I keep meaning to get one of those" so when we got our 2nd TT I wrapped up the 45* elbow and gave it to his wife as a birthday present. She was amused...until I told her "it's used".  :eek:

Triple Slide Jayco said:
Uhhh. why would I need one of these.?  I have a TT that we use weekends and dump the tanks when we leave.

When I dump my tank, I add water to it through the rinser and dump again. You'd be surprised as to how crap is left in the tank after the first and sometimes second dump. Having the clear elbow allows you to see this. I guess it may not be good for someone with a weak stomach.

Triple Slide Jayco said:
Uhhh. why would I need one of these.?  I have a TT that we use weekends and dump the tanks when we leave.

Like Rene T said, you'd be surprised how much stuff is still in the tank after it's dumped.

I have a black tank rinse on my unit and the first thing I did after purchasing the unit from the previous owner was flush the tank out. It took 12 rinse and empty cycles before the water came out clean.

I rinse the tank after every trip. With a clean tank, there is no need for chemicals, air fresheners, etc. You'll never know if the tank is clean if you don't have a way to see it.

Joezeppy said:
1. What Rene Said.
2. It's a fun, easy way to gross out the kids.

It's funny you say that Joe. A month ago, 3 of my grandchildren came to FL to see their oldest sister play softball for her college. I had to dump one day and I brought the 2 boys around to watch. 16 and 13.  I thought they were going to blow lunch.  ;D

Rene T said:
Didn't know they made 135* fittings. Can't see the purpose. I guess you could accomplish the same thing by connecting a 90* and a 45* together.
Actually no, a 45* fitting is a tighter turn than the 90* fitting.  I'm a manufacturing maintenance man by trade and in our world what is commonly referred to as a 45* fitting is actually 135*. 

Attachments

• 135-angle.gif
    135-angle.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 45-degree-angle.jpg
    45-degree-angle.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1200px-Right_angle.svg.png
    1200px-Right_angle.svg.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 0
Never thought of it that way but you are correct and the entire pluming industry has been wrong for all these years. I wonder why they didn't call them what they actually are.  :eek: ::)  ;D :D ;)

Never bought a clear elbow, I know what color "it" is. I always run a couple of toilet fulls after draining the black tank, thus ensuring that the inside of the tank is just as sparkly clean as when it was brand new.

Old Racer said:
Never bought a clear elbow, I know what color "it" is. I always run a couple of toilet fulls after draining the black tank, thus ensuring that the inside of the tank is just as sparkly clean as when it was brand new.

I know on my tank, the toilet dumps in the back end of the tank on the same end as the drain valve. If there are any solids left in the tank on the front end, dumping the toilet a couple of times would not get to them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom