Dutchmen 265BHS info?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoosier Daddy

Been a while since I have logged in to the forum.... but for good reason.
You all helped me so much with my transition from a P'up to our '05 Coachman SOA that I have been happily camping with the knowledge of how to fix and maintain it.
Well, after 3 seasons it's looking like we are about to upgrade. Not much in size but newer.
My Son-in-laws side of the family have a 2011 Dutchmen 265BHS that they have had for a few years but have used very little. In 2015 they used it once or twice, last year not at all.... So they are looking to sell.
I have not seen the interior, or given it a close inspection yet, that is set for this next weekend.... but when I saw the exterior last summer it looked like new.
Searching the interwebz I can find no reviews, very little info at all. I have learned there are 3 models, Classic, Lite, and Sport.
I can find the "Classic's" factory specs and pics of floor-plan but not much else.
We Like the bunkhouse, we have 5 grand-kids from 3 of our Daughters, so far only the oldest (10) has camped with us, but the rest will be coming of age in the next few years.  :) And a QUEEN sized Bed laid out fore to aft will be a BIG PLUS to Hoosier Momma and I coming from our sideways twin!
I will say I have always been leery of a slide out, seemed to be a can-o-worms I wanted to avoid... but I know there are 100,000's of them out there and I do like the floor-plan.
U-shaped dinette and jacknife sofa in the slide-out, Galley seems perfect with sink, stove, refer all on the opposite side. So it appears we can use not only the bed, but maybe the Galley when stopping for over-nighters without sliding out. That is one thing I want to verify.

Can anyone shed light on what the differences are of the 3 versions of this model, or where I can find the information?
Maybe even some first hand knowledge of this unit?
Thanks!

Attachments

• dutch.jpg
    dutch.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 29
I had a 2008 28 bhs very inexpensive cheaply made but never had any issues and had a ton of great times you get what you pay for

As Steveblonde says, the Coachmen trailers are generally made to sell at the lowest possible price point, so typically made with cheap materials and minimal assembly time. Often OK for light use, but expect to have future problems with cabinetry, upholstery, etc. If it's in good shape now and you take care of it, no reason why it won't suit your needs. Check for signs of water leaks in the ceiling, walls and floor area. Seldom used RVs often get neglected and roof & seam maintenance is one of the key areas that should never be ignored.

I would also assume the tires will need replacement. A seldom used rig gets little tire wear, but the tires rot from age and lack of exercise. Tire tread is not a useful indicator of aging and belt damage.  Check the tire date codes on the sidewalls, but it's likley those are the original tires. and way overdue for replacement.

Thank you Gentleman,
Just to be clear Gary, I currently own a Coachmen, looking for info for a Dutchmen.
I was not aware Dutchmen was the lower level of the Thor Industries.
If the quality is comparable to my Forest River "Coachmen" brand... I am good with that.

We checked out the Dutchman Thursday... WOW! So much nicer than our unit and other than a few minor interior trim issues, it seems almost like new.
It was set up with sore power and water so we could test everything.
While it was not their first Camper, they are the original owners and with his job now no longer have time to camp.They are getting out of camping all together so every accessory is coming with the camper. "Slinky to Flag pole".  ;D
Meanwhile, I had sent a text to my Buddy (who is responsible for getting us into camping). He has adult kids who camp as well. I let him know that ours was going to be available. BINGO! His oldest daughter came and looked at ours, went to the bank last night, and is buying it tomorrow!
Today I am emptying ours, then next weekend picking up the Dutchmen.
I let my Buddy know not to let his Daughter buy any accessories until we get ours... what ever duplicates we have I will pass onto them.

I am sure I will be posting more often again with questions on our new unit, and of course a few photo's next week!!!!
But for now it looks JUST LIKE THIS...

Attachments

• dutch_copy.jpg
    dutch_copy.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 32
Got the New-2-Us TT home 2 hours ago.
;D :) :D
Here is a couple links to pics

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u670/Hoosierb17/Camping/IMG_20170427_175934600_HDR_zpsivedfimt.jpg

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u670/Hoosierb17/Camping/IMG_20170427_175900846_HDR_zpshrayfh7c.jpg

You'll love the bed. It certainly is much better than the Coachman setup.  We did an incredibly similar upgrade last summer and never looked back.  Good to see you are enjoying camping still!

DJ

Camp Driveway last night...  ;D
Everything seems to work fine so far. Need to upgrade the mattress is about all I found.

DJStarr: I knew your avatar looked familiar!
Back when I got my SOA you had gotten one just like it and I think we both moved up from pop-ups... Took me this long to put 2 + 2 together!
Crazy how we started out the same and upgraded about the same time.
Glad to be back and see you are still here!

We're on the same trajectory it seems.  Let me know next time you're thinking about making a change so I can budget for it!

You'll love the new TT. 

Will do!
Thanks we love it so far.
We got a 4 day weekend scheduled right around 2 weeks from now.

Back
Top Bottom