Mission Tejas, a gem in Texas State Parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two Tired Teachers first came across Mission Tejas in the summer of 2015.  I had just made the decision to retire in December of that year, and I was a bit bummed out by it. Okay, I was more than a bit bummed.  I had cried and cried.  I didn't really want to retire, but I felt I had little choice.

The Mission Tejas trip was our first trip of the summer.  Usually we choose campgrounds where there is a lake, so we can swim.  Mission Tejas didn't have a lake, but there was one not far away.

That little park was so calm and peaceful.  It was in the beautiful piney woods of East Texas.  Our campsite was perfect.  I forgot the troubles of retirement and the stress of that and the end of school.

Sharon, the dogs, and I had lazy days of just enjoying nature.  It was just what my spirit needed.

A funny thing happened.  We did go swimming at a national forest lake.  When we stopped to pay the entrance fee, I noticed Sharon was taking a long time.  I waited and waited for her to return to the truck so we could drive in and get to the lake.

Finally, she came back.  Swimming was wonderful.  It wasn't until after we got out of the lake that she told me she took so long paying because there was an alligator warning at the lake.  I don't really love that part of nature, but the lake was so wonderful that we swam everyday we were there.

If you need to recharge your batteries, I highly recommend Mission Tejas State Park.  I do suggest you make reservations because it is a tiny park.

Attachments

• replica of a mission.jpg
    replica of a mission.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 25

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom