Artists with studios in RV? And anyone with onboard pop-up shop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoundyBoy

Hi! I'm fairly new to the forum, and have yet to make my maiden voyage in my renovated 25' Fleetwood Tioga Class C with an onboard studio where I'll be taking my silversmithing/jewelry business on the road. Initially, I plan to see how working from an RV will suit me, and if all goes well, the long term goal is to also use the RV as a traveling pop-up shop where I can sell my goods. Does anyone here have experience with a similar setup? Or know of any online resources or forums focusing on this kind of thing?

I do antique and HAM radio shows and swap meets.  Most shows are outside set ups.
I have a 7'x12' trailer I use to haul everything. No shop, but a trailer would hold quite a bit including a workbench.

When not doing shows the trailer hauls our Harleys and canoe and kayaks.

Attachments

• trailer3.jpg
    trailer3.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 28
Very cool! My grandpa was a HAM radio guy for many years and also an RV'er - not sure if he ever combined the two though.

The previous owners had already done some renovating that included gutting the back end of the RV and installing a workdesk and storage where the bedroom area used to be, along with lots more cabinet space - they used it for a different kind of work but I think it will translate really well to a studio area for jewelry. Before I bought the RV, I looked into insuring it as a pop-up shop, which was way cost prohibitive, which is the main reason I'll just be doing fabrication work and not retail from onboard, initially. Figured I'd get my feed wet with the RV'ing thing before taking any more of a financial plunge.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom