EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Artists with studios in RV? And anyone with onboard pop-up shop?  (Read 347 times)

HoundyBoy

• ---
Hi! I'm fairly new to the forum, and have yet to make my maiden voyage in my renovated 25' Fleetwood Tioga Class C with an onboard studio where I'll be taking my silversmithing/jewelry business on the road. Initially, I plan to see how working from an RV will suit me, and if all goes well, the long term goal is to also use the RV as a traveling pop-up shop where I can sell my goods. Does anyone here have experience with a similar setup? Or know of any online resources or forums focusing on this kind of thing?
Vanessa and Co-Pilot Houndyboy the hound dog
2003 Fleetwood Tioga 24D

Old Radios

• ---
  • The Turtle - Our Harley Hauler
    • Steve's Antique Technology
Re: Artists with studios in RV? And anyone with onboard pop-up shop?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 08:55:43 AM »
I do antique and HAM radio shows and swap meets.  Most shows are outside set ups.
I have a 7'x12' trailer I use to haul everything. No shop, but a trailer would hold quite a bit including a workbench.

When not doing shows the trailer hauls our Harleys and canoe and kayaks.
2006 Fleetwood Tioga 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Custom Toad
2015 Harley Softail Deluxe Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

HoundyBoy

• ---
Re: Artists with studios in RV? And anyone with onboard pop-up shop?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 09:02:44 AM »
Very cool! My grandpa was a HAM radio guy for many years and also an RV'er - not sure if he ever combined the two though.

The previous owners had already done some renovating that included gutting the back end of the RV and installing a workdesk and storage where the bedroom area used to be, along with lots more cabinet space - they used it for a different kind of work but I think it will translate really well to a studio area for jewelry. Before I bought the RV, I looked into insuring it as a pop-up shop, which was way cost prohibitive, which is the main reason I'll just be doing fabrication work and not retail from onboard, initially. Figured I'd get my feed wet with the RV'ing thing before taking any more of a financial plunge.
Vanessa and Co-Pilot Houndyboy the hound dog
2003 Fleetwood Tioga 24D

Hosted by Over The Network