Lake Champlain Reccs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baldfacemt

Hey East Coast travelers ,

Looking for Reccs for campgrounds on Lake Champlain in VT or NY. We have no toad yet so want to rent boats, or have other recreation options, hikes etc from the campground / resort. Have 32 ft class C  and  prefer water and electric at least....private, wooded sites preferred as well.. Looking Forward to hearing about options!

Thanks!

8) Try AllStays.com! It list many Camping opportunities as well as Campgrounds with phone #'s. You can Follow I-87 North from Albany and you will find many Recs from Saratoga Springs NY to the Canadian border.....Take US 11to Rouses Point and get on Rt.9 North to the Champlain Bridge to vermont, follow RT. 2 toward Burlington VT. These will bring you through the Island chains where there are plenty of campgrounds and rec. activities!  8) 8)

We have stayed at Apple Island RV Resort. It has a little bit of everything, including golf cart rentals for those without a toad. And, the 9 hole golf course was wonderfully maintained when we were there.

https://www.appleislandresort.com/

Check out North Beach Campground.  I believe it is a short walk or bike ride into downtown Burlington.  I had reservations last spring but had to cancel so it is still on my to do list. 

North Beach in Burlington is nice , its a bit urban,has a nice beach and is on the bike path. Burlington's a nice town.  Button Bay is a VT State park further south and is right on the lake  The NY side has a state park at Ausable Point thats real nice with canoe, kayak SUP rentals close by. There's also a SP at Crown Point just below the bridge to Vermont.  Just above Plattsburgh NY is Cumberland Head State Park, convenient to town and a ferry to Vermont. There are some private RV Parks along the lake on both sides that usually book for the whole summer but it wouldn't surprise me if they had some transient openings.  Lake Champlain is nice (I see it out my window every day), north of the Crown Point Bridge are the cleanest and deepest parts, south of the bridge it narrows quite a bit with more growth and weeds, although the bass fishing is the best down there.  As for renting kayaks and canoes etc, my guess is that if you were close to either Burlington or Plattsburgh  stores would bring boats to you.  Ausable Point is real close to a spot where a kayak dealer sets up and rents all summer.

Let me know if I can help more.

Thought I'd add that you can bus into Burlington from North Beach which is 1.5-2 miles from town. Lakefront in Burlington is a happening place in the summer, almost always some kind of music or beer festival going on and a cool science museum as well (The Leahy Center). Burlington Boat house rents sailboats , kayaks etc. Just a short walk up the hill to downtown for food and people viewing.

Awesome info. I will have to start searching availability.

Back
Top Bottom