2017 SE Minnesota Fall Colors Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MN Blue Skies

Site Team
SE Minnesota Fall Colors Rally

Please join us at the 2017 Minnesota Fall Colors Rally that will be held October 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 at Eagle Cliff Campground near Lanesboro, MN.  It's not a problem if you can only stay for a few days however ? if you stay 4 days, your 5th day is free. 

This will be unstructured, low key rally.  On October 5 at 6:30 p.m. we will host a campfire and snacks at our site (Site 10) so that we can discuss who wants to do what.  There won't be any pressure to participate in events.  (It's okay if you want to sleep in or just hang out.)

The campground is located on the Root River. Things to do in the area include art, shopping, caving, Amish Country, hiking, fishing, and biking.  Bikes, kayaks, canoes, and tubes can be rented from local outfitters. Other  popular things to do include breakfasts at a local restaurants, potlucks, and happy/social hours. 

Call Eagle Cliff Campground to make your reservation.  Be sure to tell them that you're with the "MN Blue Skies Rally" in Section B.  Their phone number is 507-467-2598.  Their website is:  www.eagle-cliff.com. We have reserved sites B4 ? B8 and Sites B9 - B11 however they will do their best to accommodate your needs.  Although you can make your reservation online, we strongly recommend that you call the CG.  There are pull thru and back in sites.  Eagle Cliff is giving us off season rates.  FHU sites range from $35 to $37 per night depending on the number of people in your RV and depending on whether it's a 30 or 50 amp site. They honor Passport America except on weekends and holidays. 

Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or suggestions. 

Safe Travels,

Your hosts --- MN Blue Skies 
Maxine (Max) and Eric

Ooh, we might be able to do this! I love the Lanesboro area - canoeing on the Root River, many miles of bike trails. We won't know for sure until later in the summer because we will be heading to Missouri to meet up with a bunch of canoeists on the Current River. Those dates aren't set in stone but we should know by June or July.

UTTransplant said:
Ooh, we might be able to do this! I love the Lanesboro area - canoeing on the Root River, many miles of bike trails.

We love the Lanesboro area too.  This will be the third rally that we have hosted at Eagle Cliff Campground.  The Root River runs along the edge of the Campground and the Root River Biking/Hiking Trail is on the opposite bank.  I will be posting more information on activities available in the area.

We really hope you can join us. It would be great to see you again!

Safe Travels!

Looks like we will be able to make it. I made our reservations today for site B-9. We will be bringing our canoe since we have other canoeing activities planned for both before and after the rally. It would be great if others wanted to do a day trip with us. The campground rents kayaks and canoes and runs a shuttle for those who have their own boats. I have been on the Root River in the spring, and it is a nice easy river. We will also do some short sections of the Root River Biking Trail. Here's hoping the autumn colors are in full force!

Great news!  We would be interested in joining you on the Root River.  We will will be renting  kayaks from the campground.  :D

I'm free those days, but its about 7 hours away from us. I'll see if I cant sweet talk the hub into a great camping year end adventure :)  We'd probably stick to the 6th - 9th if we can make it. I'll see if I can push for a longer stay.  ;)

Since we'd be so close to the river we may even have to bring the kayaks. ;)

I'll keep you posted on what the hubby says!  ;D

As always, I'm looking forward to this MN Rally.  So far we have six rigs signed up and two maybes .  Next week I will call Eagle Cliff Campground to see if they will let us reserve some additional sites.  :)  ;D 

This is an update for the October MN Fall Colors Rally in Lanesboro, MN.  So far 5 parties have made reservations and another 6 parties are interested in attending.

Reserved Sites:
Richee M. Site # 8
Pam and Kevin Site # 9
Max and Eric Site #10
Scott S. Site #11
Steve and Marcie Site #12

Sites still available:
Site #4
Site #5
Site #6

Note: Eric and I can move to a back-in site if someone wants a pull thru site. Just let us know. 

Safe Travels and Happy Memorial Day!

MN Blue Skies
Max(ine) and Eric

Wish I could predict.  It could be fabulous or it could be miserable.  Pam and Kevin are bringing their canoe and Eric and I are considering renting a kayak.

Would love to join you guys, but don't know if we'll be back from our Colorado trip in time.
Could happen last minute though.

Tom

Just a reminder that there are still RV sites in Section B on hold for October SE Minnesota Fall Colors Rally. 

On September 1, just two weeks from now, the campground is releasing the hold and opening up the available sites to the public.  The CG website shows all of the sites have been reserved because they are on hold for our group.  So instead of relying on the website call Eagle Cliff Campground to see which sites are still available.  The CG phone number is 507-467-2598

Feel free to invite other RVers!  If you haven't made your reservations, now would be a good time.  Hope to see you in about 6 weeks.

Excellent! cadee2c (Caryl and Bob) are also going to try to make it but won't be making their reservations until the end of August. 

Huey Pilot (Bill) was on chat this evening and said he is "thinking about it". 

We would love to see all of you including UTT Transplant.  We have several other RVers joining us that are not RV Forum members.  We will have to work on converting them.    :) 

Glad you are joining us.  During the first part of September I will put together a list of things to do in the Lanesboro, Harmony, Preston area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom