2017 SE Minnesota Fall Colors Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SE Minnesota Fall Colors Rally Update:

There is one site (B4) left in our block of sites for the SE Minnesota Fall Colors Rally.  There are also four sites (B13 - B16) still open.  Those sites are only one row over from our group.  Here's the list so far:

B4  Open
B5  Frozn in Minnesota
B6  Larry N.
B7  Howard R.
B8  Richee M.
B9  UTT Transplant
B10  MN Blue Skies (Max(ine) and Eric)
B11  Scott S.
B12  A. A.

There is a hint of color beginning to show in the Maples.  In the next few weeks I will send out a list of some sights and events to see while you are in SE Minnesota.

Have a safe Labor Day!

I just received a text message update ..... Katherine Ann is joining us on site B4.  Those who are  still interested in joining us should contact Eagle Cliff Campground to see if Sites B13 - B16 are available.  We don't have a hold on these sites so they are open to anyone.  CG phone number is 507-467-2598.  If you've been waiting for the last minute ... it's almost here!

Update on the Fall Colors Rally. It's almost Rally time!

The response to the rally has exceeded our expectations but I just realized that I don't have complete info on everyone.  I'd like to send an email to all the participants with "good to know info", proposed rally and area activities. 

Please send us an email to [email protected] with the following info:

Name(s)
Username(s)
Email Address
Phone Number
Site Number
Date of Arrival
Date of Departure

BTW: Although the block of sites we booked have all been reserved, Eagle Cliff told me that they still have a few scattered sites available near our location.

Thanks much!

We have not made reservations yet, but we are sort of planning on coming down for the rally. We will be heading south for the winter from the rally. Im going to call in the morning and make the reservation. I'll just ask for the closest spot to the rally folks.

take care

Regrettably we have to cancel out on the Rally.  Just called campground and cancelled reservation, so B07 should be available if someone needs it.

Howard and Kelly

Howard, sorry to hear that you won't be able to attend the rally.  Please keep in touch since you are an RV Minnesota neighbor within 25 miles of us.  As I mentioned before we are occasionally in the Isanti/East Bethel area.  Please join our facebook group at Minnesota RVers.  We hope to meet up in the future.  Take good care!

Max and Eric are on Site B10.  Yesterday six rigs arrived.  More rigs expected today and Friday.  There are open sites so  it's not too late too join the group.  The plan is to take a group picture

Bob and Caryl Pappas are in B11. We got here yesterday afternoon. Dinner around a much appreciated campfire tended by Eric. Dinner was Max made some awesome soup and Larry 2's wife (I missed her name) made some yummy chili. It was cold last night so the soup and fire was just what we needed. Thanks to all who made it happen.

Wednesday was a gorgeous day, after lots of rain we encountered coming through Nebraska and Iowa. The Wed. evening campfire was nice, as Caryl indicated, and it was great to meet everyone. But since then it's been cloudy and, often, raining, including at campfire time last night -- almost all night long, for that matter. We've had at least .3", probably more (my sensor is under a tree).

This Eagle Cliff is a beautiful campground, and there are few folks here other than our group, leaving a huge area of very green grass (and many tent sites and many RV sites) for our view, along with the trees and bluffs.

The Larry 2 that Caryl mentioned isn't me. During introductions, I said, "I'm Larry," and he said, "I'm Larry too."

Attention Rally Attendees:  Our grill get together will be tonight (Friday) at 6 pm.  Since there is a chance of rain we will meet at the building next to the APavilion. The outside looks like a pole barn but iinside is a banquet hall with a full kitchen.  There.are charcoal grills we can use and we will have some gas grills set up outside on the picnic tables.  Hopefully we will have a guitarist and a few singers tonight.  Also a campfire depending on weather.

It was a good thing we got that building. A little rain turned into alot.

For those who asked, here is the recipe for the Belizean Stew Chicken. Ive changed it a bit from this recipe to make it in the instant pot, but the basics are here. its the second thread on that board.
https://ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/467464/Re_Belizean_Stewed_Chicken_Ric.html

Ive also made the rice and beans that is listed in the first thread on that page. The stuff I use for the coconut milk is this.... https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001SAQCNA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2UDNPGKURPVSY

I get it at amazon along with the recadohttps://smile.amazon.com/Teeny-Tiny-Spice-Co-Vermont/dp/B00CC2J6C2/ref=sr_1_6_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1507349181&sr=1-6&keywords=recado+paste

Everything else is just whatever I have on hand to go in that sounds good. If you want some recado, I have plenty. Just stop by and get some. Im in B11.

take care

We did, indeed, need that building -- nice place, comfy and all the amenities. It's still raining (0420 Sat. morning), though it finally eased up half an hour ago. Soggy.

We had a nice "grill-in", basically a pot luck-provide-your-own-meat dinner -- excellent food, as is the norm in these things. RVers tend to be good cooks. Nice conversations and a little music made for a nice evening.

Today was another gorgeous day.  Too bad many people had to leave yesterday.  There were 24 people, 10 dogs, and 3 cats in the 11 rigs that attended the rally.  Eric and I just got home from the rally so I will post more info about the rally and pics later this week. 

It was a grrrr 8  time had by all , a little damp  but that is Mn. in the fall  , the weather did change  but every one had to go  , this was the first time that I have done a rally 30 some yrs of RV`in  , I really had a grrr 8 time  ended o soon  could have stayed longer  Thankyou  Max & Eric  , until next time & there will be a next time  , Jack liked every body  as well  it was really nice meeting everyone  ,  take care 

Back
Top Bottom