EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 2017 SE Minnesota Fall Colors Rally  (Read 4197 times)

cadee2c

• ---
  • If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
Re: 2017 SE Minnesota Fall Colors Rally
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2017, 11:59:41 AM »
Bob and Caryl Pappas are in B11. We got here yesterday afternoon. Dinner around a much appreciated campfire tended by Eric. Dinner was Max made some awesome soup and Larry 2's wife (I missed her name) made some yummy chili. It was cold last night so the soup and fire was just what we needed. Thanks to all who made it happen.
Caryl- Pilot
Bob- Navigator
Mister Hank - homeland security
Buddy the Dog-  Soul Mutt, forever in our hearts.

1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
2010 Jeep Liberty

Follow your arrow, wherever it points

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2017, 06:55:50 AM »
Wednesday was a gorgeous day, after lots of rain we encountered coming through Nebraska and Iowa. The Wed. evening campfire was nice, as Caryl indicated, and it was great to meet everyone. But since then it's been cloudy and, often, raining, including at campfire time last night -- almost all night long, for that matter. We've had at least .3", probably more (my sensor is under a tree).

This Eagle Cliff is a beautiful campground, and there are few folks here other than our group, leaving a huge area of very green grass (and many tent sites and many RV sites) for our view, along with the trees and bluffs.

The Larry 2 that Caryl mentioned isn't me. During introductions, I said, "I'm Larry," and he said, "I'm Larry too."
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL
  de N8GGG

MN Blue Skies

• ---
  • Favorite saying: "It depends."
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2017, 11:37:41 AM »
Attention Rally Attendees:   Our grill get together will be tonight (Friday) at 6 pm.  Since there is a chance of rain we will meet at the building next to the APavilion. The outside looks like a pole barn but iinside is a banquet hall with a full kitchen.  There.are charcoal grills we can use and we will have some gas grills set up outside on the picnic tables.  Hopefully we will have a guitarist and a few singers tonight.  Also a campfire depending on weather.
A girl called Max, her husband Eric, Princess Kitty, and Molly the Service Dog in training.

2013 Cougar High Country 315 RES ( A 35' 5th Wheel)
"Big Blue" 2012 RAM 3500 Big Horn (Cummins Diesel 1 ton)

cadee2c

• ---
  • If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2017, 11:14:03 PM »
It was a good thing we got that building. A little rain turned into alot.

For those who asked, here is the recipe for the Belizean Stew Chicken. Ive changed it a bit from this recipe to make it in the instant pot, but the basics are here. its the second thread on that board.
 https://ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/467464/Re_Belizean_Stewed_Chicken_Ric.html

Ive also made the rice and beans that is listed in the first thread on that page. The stuff I use for the coconut milk is this.... https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001SAQCNA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2UDNPGKURPVSY

I get it at amazon along with the recadohttps://smile.amazon.com/Teeny-Tiny-Spice-Co-Vermont/dp/B00CC2J6C2/ref=sr_1_6_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1507349181&sr=1-6&keywords=recado+paste

Everything else is just whatever I have on hand to go in that sounds good. If you want some recado, I have plenty. Just stop by and get some. Im in B11.

take care
Caryl- Pilot
Bob- Navigator
Mister Hank - homeland security
Buddy the Dog-  Soul Mutt, forever in our hearts.

1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
2010 Jeep Liberty

Follow your arrow, wherever it points

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2017, 04:25:04 AM »
We did, indeed, need that building -- nice place, comfy and all the amenities. It's still raining (0420 Sat. morning), though it finally eased up half an hour ago. Soggy.

We had a nice "grill-in", basically a pot luck-provide-your-own-meat dinner -- excellent food, as is the norm in these things. RVers tend to be good cooks. Nice conversations and a little music made for a nice evening.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL
  de N8GGG

Richiee 1

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2017, 03:00:17 PM »
yes it was a great  pot luck  will have to do it again  LOL

MN Blue Skies

• ---
  • Favorite saying: "It depends."
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2017, 06:54:58 PM »
Today was another gorgeous day.  Too bad many people had to leave yesterday.  There were 24 people, 10 dogs, and 3 cats in the 11 rigs that attended the rally.  Eric and I just got home from the rally so I will post more info about the rally and pics later this week. 
A girl called Max, her husband Eric, Princess Kitty, and Molly the Service Dog in training.

2013 Cougar High Country 315 RES ( A 35' 5th Wheel)
"Big Blue" 2012 RAM 3500 Big Horn (Cummins Diesel 1 ton)

Richiee 1

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2017, 07:47:01 PM »
It was a grrrr 8  time had by all , a little damp  but that is Mn. in the fall  , the weather did change  but every one had to go  , this was the first time that I have done a rally 30 some yrs of RV`in  , I really had a grrr 8 time  ended o soon  could have stayed longer  Thankyou  Max & Eric  , until next time & there will be a next time  , Jack liked every body  as well  it was really nice meeting everyone  ,   take care 

Hosted by Over The Network