Slide creep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigJohn

06 Ellipse HWH slides and leveler. Had several leaking hoses replaced in Jan. Bled as much air as we could. Slides worked fine until last three or four uses. Slides started creeping in, worked fine otherwise. Lots of popping after extending the slides. I have extended the slides after they finished coming in. We have brought slides in and out after they have crept in, did not help.  This effects both front slides sometimes one or other sometimes both. The situation is getting worst. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Slide creep can happen for a variety of reasons ... air in the system, an internal leak in one of the cylinders for that room, check valve, bad manifold, solenoid valve. Since you have two slides doing the same thing that would likely point to the check valve or manifold. No way to know for sure w/o a tech who knows the system checking it out.

I agree with Paul. But since I recently had hoses changed and I'm getting the popping sound I'm leaning towards large amount of air in the system. I've checked fluid level. You would think after all the time that has passed and some heavy usage the air would have worked out. I hold switch down for 3-4 seconds after retracting or extending slides. I'm tempted to run pump longer but fear ruining motor.

You might try giving Paul Maddox (azpete) a call.  He works for HWH and is always happy to help folks out.  I see that he's a member here, although he hasn't posted anything.  He's more active over on iRV2.com, where he has posted the following contact info:
1=602=549=3638 paul maddox
i do work for hwh. i do not sell parts, or solicit service work on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom