View, Navion - desired options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eduardo

John..........I'm new the forum, but can already see you have loads of Winnebago experience. We are ost interested in a C class, diesel power, which takes me straight to the VIEW and NAVION models. Through several conversations, folks have advised to purchase a 1-2 year old with low mileage, due to rapid depreciation of brand-new vehicles. That said, being a first time buyer, I'd be interested in your comments on "must have" vs "nice to have" features.        Thanks, Ed

Welcome. I moved your post off that other thread. Buying a year or two year old rig makes a lot of sense, especially for the Class A units. The larger they are, the more complex they are and there's always little issues to work through in a new unit, took me about two years to completely get all of the bugs out. A couple of problems were intermittent and very difficult to pin down.

So buying used you avoid the initial depreciation and probably get a unit that's had initial problems fixed. Of course the owner could be selling due to persistent problems so there is an element of risk. With a new unit you have the chassis and house warranty so it's not an easy decision.

I'm not at all familiar with options available on the Class Cs. Leveling jacks aren't available for the View/Navion Sprinter chassis so you are going to rock and roll when you walk around. Also you will have to use drive-on ramps to level the unit which could be a bit of a hassle. For me, I push a button and auto-level with hydraulic jacks. Easy-peasy.

There's an active View/Navion Yahoo Group so I would check in there for more detailed comments and suggestions.

We just took delivery of a View 24V. We liked the size of the bed & the fact that the other models with bed slides were very much hotter in the bedroom. Personal choice on our part. First thing we noticed was rattles - door jambs needed tightening with insulation, cooktop cover needed cushioning, and so forth. Get a bunch of these from WalMart. Everything about the coach works great and I know you will be happy whatever model you buy.
As to the rocking when parked - it really isn't that bad. I bolstered our rig with bottle jacks to no avail - then scissor lifts and similar result. For $5000 for the hydraulic levelers +install labor + additional weight =  we can live with the little bit of movement. As to the GVWR - pay particular attention to this. With full water/gas/propane/and us we can squirrel away about 800+ pounds of "stuff" without exceeding the 11,030 limit. Trust me 800 pounds is a LOT of stuff (think food, clothes, toys)
Welcome to the club!

Thanks so much for your feedback........nothing like first-hand experience.  We have not yet made a purchase, but expect this to happen in next few weeks so we can enjoy the upcoming season.          Ed

Thanks John........I will check out the View/Navion website and will continue to stay engaged with the Forum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom