EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Arlington, TX (Cowboys Stadium)  (Read 423 times)

bobbyg2013

• ---
Arlington, TX (Cowboys Stadium)
« on: April 19, 2017, 12:34:42 PM »
I am reposting this as I only got one response the first time and it was of no help.  I will be touring the ATT Stadium in about a week and I need a place to stay for two nights.  Is there a RV park, State Park or other facility (WalMart) nearby?

scottydl

• Admin assist
  • ---
  • Central IL
Re: Arlington, TX (Cowboys Stadium)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 01:40:17 PM »
In the previous post you made on this topic, a member did advise that there is a Wal-mart right across the street.  What you'd want to find out is what (if any) overnight parking restrictions may be in place.  Those are enforced by cities in some busy places where Wal-mart lots (for instance) might otherwise turn into a "free" campground surrounding public events.  I don't know if that's the case near the Cowboys stadium or not.

Otherwise you could check campground databases/apps such as Allstays.com, RVparky.com, as well as the Trailer Life and Good Sam directories.  If nobody here has any particular experience with campgrounds in the area, I've found that RVparkreviews.com can be pretty useful to browse as well.
Scott, wife, 3 boys... and the dog
- 2008 Forest River Wildwood 32BHDS
- 1995 Chevrolet Suburban C2500 tow vehicle
- 1994 Thor Residency motorhome... owned 2007-2012

Bobtop46

• ---
    • Work Camper
2007 Coachman Aurora 36FWS
2006 Mini Cooper S

Randy328

• ---
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 03:23:35 PM »
That Wal-Mart doesn't allow much of anything, they have security and tow any vehicles that park there and their occupants go across the street. My mother used to work there, said they towed lots of cars on game day.
2015 Ford F250
2016 KZ MXT2920
Bunch of motorcycles
German Shepherd "Qorkey"

clockdrfla

• ---
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 11:03:38 AM »
Cedar Hill SP is about 10 miles SW of Dallas.  Located on Joe Pool Lake.  Easy access to I-20.  Camped here for a week in March. 

librarylady

• ---
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 12:26:13 PM »
We have stayed at Treetops in Arlington a couple of times and really liked it.  Very shady and near stores, restaurants, etc.

http://www.treetopsrv.com/
Lydia & Robbie
2010 GMC Sierra
2016 Keystone Premier Bullet RIPR
Just another wine drinker with a camping problem

Dream Chasers

• ---
  • Be Brave - Take Risks - Nothing Beats Experience
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 10:11:33 PM »
We stayed at The Vineyards in Grapevine, TX. We were only there 2 nights. Should have researched better as it was the most beautiful rv park we have ever stayed at. All roads and sites were paved with a good amount of grass around each site. It is on a large lake with a marina.  Not sure how far from AT&T as we didn't get a chance to go there.
Sheryl & Bobby and Roxie the Yorkie
Polk City, Florida
2015 Forest River Berkshire 34QS
2011 Honda CRV SE

Super8mm

• ---
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 08:20:45 PM »
it is a bit over  15 miles, I used to work a couple of blocks north of there   :)
2011 LML Duramax/Allison 4x4
2013 Palomino Puma 356-QLB

Hosted by Over The Network