Arlington, TX (Cowboys Stadium)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobbyg2013

I am reposting this as I only got one response the first time and it was of no help.  I will be touring the ATT Stadium in about a week and I need a place to stay for two nights.  Is there a RV park, State Park or other facility (WalMart) nearby?

In the previous post you made on this topic, a member did advise that there is a Wal-mart right across the street.  What you'd want to find out is what (if any) overnight parking restrictions may be in place.  Those are enforced by cities in some busy places where Wal-mart lots (for instance) might otherwise turn into a "free" campground surrounding public events.  I don't know if that's the case near the Cowboys stadium or not.

Otherwise you could check campground databases/apps such as Allstays.com, RVparky.com, as well as the Trailer Life and Good Sam directories.  If nobody here has any particular experience with campgrounds in the area, I've found that RVparkreviews.com can be pretty useful to browse as well.

That Wal-Mart doesn't allow much of anything, they have security and tow any vehicles that park there and their occupants go across the street. My mother used to work there, said they towed lots of cars on game day.

This link shows some nearby RV parks.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/rv+parks/@32.7472012,-97.2350146,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!2m7!3m6!1srv+parks!2sAT%26T+Stadium,+1+AT%26T+Way,+Arlington,+TX+76011!3s0x864e7d86c8884727:0x6d1e60e88c6a9df8!4m2!1d-97.0944939!2d32.7472844

Cedar Hill SP is about 10 miles SW of Dallas.  Located on Joe Pool Lake.  Easy access to I-20.  Camped here for a week in March. 

We have stayed at Treetops in Arlington a couple of times and really liked it.  Very shady and near stores, restaurants, etc.

http://www.treetopsrv.com/

We stayed at The Vineyards in Grapevine, TX. We were only there 2 nights. Should have researched better as it was the most beautiful rv park we have ever stayed at. All roads and sites were paved with a good amount of grass around each site. It is on a large lake with a marina.  Not sure how far from AT&T as we didn't get a chance to go there.

Back
Top Bottom