Fixed tank sensors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P

Peteyboy

Sensors on our grey tank have been reading 1/2 full for about the whole four months we were on the road, so I tried a fix and it seemed to work.  I pulled the left side cover from the grey tank and the sensors were right behind the cover.  I disconnected the drain pipe right at the tank, and fished a brush inside the tank on the end of a long rod and scrubbed the side, over the sensors.  Went in and checked and the reading had gone to E, where it has not been in a long time.  I hope this takes care of the issue for a while, and if it does, I know what to do when it acts up again.  2015 Suncruiser, 37F.

And it's always a good idea to not dump until you have full tanks (gray and black.) Once or twice a year we dump a gallon of Simple Green in the black tank and add five gallons or so of water before a day's trip. The water will slosh around and do a good job of cleaning the tank walls.

And every month or so while on the road, fill the black completely full (look in the toilet bowl) and dump. Repeat until the discharge is clear (use one of those clear elbows.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom