No more O'reilley Factor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Administrator
For the Fox News/O'Reilley followers (including me), it appears that Bill will be no more on Fox. The additional folks that are coming forward confirm the 21st Fox Board decision to not let him return after his vacation in Italy.

They announced it was Tucker Carlson, not my favorite. Just a different style I guess.

Tom said:
They announced it was Tucker Carlson, not my favorite. Just a different style I guess.

I kinda like him. He's not afraid to ask any questions. The one's that many other journalists would not ask.

I just read that Tucker will be moving to 8:00 PM, the Five are moving to 9:00, Eric Bolling will have his own show at 5:00 and Martha is staying on at 7:00.

25 mil severance for getting fired  :eek:. I want his job.

RoyM said:
25 mil severance for getting fired  :eek: . I want his job.

I would guess that's less than one years salary for Bill.

What disturbs me, with the state of today's news media and social media, are the number of people who's lives have been ruined by accusations that are never proven. But with our legal system it's cheaper to pay off the accuser than fight it for years in the courts. We need to change the legal system where the loser pays any penalty and the losing attorney pays the wining attorney's fees. If an attorney loses a case he shouldn't get a dime. The plaintiff or defendant should not have to pay legal fees. This would put a stop to most of the frivolous law suits. As it is now the lawyers don't have any skin in the game. They get paid whether they win or lose.

It's sad it took this long, He has had numerous court cases for sexual misconduct and spousal abuse for almost 20 years. As a father of 3 daughters, I am happy that the public is starting to demand retribution for this type of behavior it is no longer acceptable.

I don't know what this world is coming to.  A man pays 13 million ($13,000,000) to 5, obviously lying, women to make false accusations go away and then he still looses his job. 

Oh this horrible liberal media taking down such a wonderful person.  NOT! 

Oh, wait, it is not the liberal media!  It was the multitude of corporations pulling the advertising from the show, and maybe lots of other shows on Fox, costing the corporation to start loosing lots of money. 

This not to say the liberal "talking heads" are wonderful people.  They are as one sided as the conservatives.

I do my best to keep away from BLINDLY watching, reading, or listening to either the right or the left side who jabber about how wrong and horrible the other side is. 

No wonder this county is so horribly divided.  So many people only want to listen to the right side or the left side. 

What ever happened to the middle of the road and moderates!  In this day and age Ronald Regan was a moderate!

Why is it "My Way or you are absolutely Wrong!"

I always liked O'Reilly, even though we sometimes disagreed.  Since his employer (Fox) shares his political views and certainly is aware of his tremendous popularity, I have to assume there was simply too much evidence to continue defending him. Ditto for the sponsors who footed the bill for his paycheck.  The whim of public attention made him a wealthy man but now that whimsy has shifted. Sic transit gloria mundi.

I miss Huntley and Brinkley. And Walter. It's been downhill since.

Sun2Retire said:
I miss Huntley and Brinkley. And Walter. It's been downhill since.

My thoughts, exactly.
I pray daily that I never have time to spend watching all the big network news programs on the Eternal News Networks and listen to the pundits pontificate over the demise of civilization as we know it.  :eek: :'(

Besides. I get all my important news from Facebook.  :eek:

We "unplugged" about five years ago and ended our cable TV. Dish on the coach has been off the roof once and that was during pre delivery testing. Netflix or DVDs.

Now if I could only get my SO to stop surfing the web  ::)

Not sure what was going on at Fox News under Roger Ailes, but seems something was amiss. That's too bad as a few careers have been ruined and others involved, Kelley, Carlson, VanSusteren no longer a part of FNC.

Society today demands everyone be very careful what you say and to whom you say it. Funny, over the past few days I have had two different women visit our campsite and incorporate the P word into their vocab! Not offended but though it inappropriate for sure.

Gretchen told her story (involving O'Reilley) on TV a few nights ago.

canuckrv said:
It's sad it took this long, He has had numerous court cases for sexual misconduct and spousal abuse for almost 20 years. As a father of 3 daughters, I am happy that the public is starting to demand retribution for this type of behavior it is no longer acceptable.

Exactly, I agree.

The O/P says the women were lying..

People accused of sexual misconduct have two standard replies

1: She wanted it
2: She lied

Of course she did not want it and she had evidence to prove the charges so she clearly did not lie.

at least in most cases.. I do not have the specifics in O'Riley's case but  I do in many other cases (As an observer) and the above is the standard response to such a charge.

EVEN when the evidence is overwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom