Campsite Insect Repellent Ideas Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BinaryBob said:
Thanks for the link Doc.
Never heard of this stuff. Worth a try.

One thing I should have mentioned is that it contains no DEET which makes it safe for young children.  It even smells good.

If you're in black fly territory when they're out, permethrin soaked clothing and tent work great at keeping them at bay, a head mosquito netting does the rest, it keeps ticks off and kills them too.

The Off clip on mosqiito repellent devices work much better than I expected. So long as it not real windy, and you are not moving around a whole lot, they do a great job.

I tested them out one year an Flamingo camp ground in the Everglades N.P. The mosqiitos were horrible. I went out with the clip on turned off. I was immediately covered with mosquitos. I turned it on, and they all vanished, After half an hour, I tried turning it off. Inside of 5 minuted, I was covered with mosquitos again.

Joel

Some people spray around their sites with concentrated garlic spray; it does seem to have some effect.  My wife tried putting small dishes of minced garlic outside on the table and even that seemed to help.

But one thing not to do is spray YOURSELF with the concentrated garlic sprays!  A couple of our Canadian friends told us they had done that because "guys don't read instructions!"  We couldn't stop laughing after hearing them tell the story!  ;D

I have friends who say theses work. I ordered them from Amazon for around $23.00. I haven't tried them yet so I can't say one way or another. The reviews are good though.

Thermacell Mosquito Repellent Outdoor and Camping Repeller Device

We've used Dr Mercola's Bug Spray for about a year and on our second bottle. I spent the afternoon working outside the motor home and didn't get a bite. It's not cheap, but seems to work.

Termacell.
it is the best thing ever invented.
You can get them at Wally World, Lowes, Home depot and many other places

Jack L

I wonder if, despite the emoticon, anyone did actually TASTE the citronella,lotion mixture ???

I guess you have to be careful making suggestions in today's world. Geeeeez!?

Back
Top Bottom