Need new towing mirrors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gps42

I need to buy new towing mirrors to replace the original mirrors on my 2015 Chev pickup.  Any suggestions or recommendations?

Do you want the permanent mirrors that are always in place?  Or something temporary that straps onto your stock mirrors when needed?

Chevy factory mirrors are pretty decent.  Check online for a set of the towing mirrors.
Here!
1aauto.com/2014-16-mirror-pair/i/1amrp01779?f=1089186&y=2015&utm_campaign=gb_csv_br&utm_content=MRP&gclid=CIPrm9m0uNMCFU-TfgodLsAM6w

donn said:
Chevy factory mirrors are pretty decent...

Agree with this. Especially if they are the kind that you pull to extend for trailering use. Our '16 GMC has these and we just used them and they worked well even with the extra 6" width of our Arctic Fox trailer.

Don't go cheap on mirrors. You've invested tens of thousands of dollars on your truck and trailer. Don't risk damaging either with crappy mirrors that don't show the full picture.

I am thinking that I would like to get some permanent mirrors that will extend out like the ones on the newer Chev pickups that I see on dealer lots.  Just this year I have been seeing some of these type mirrors on 1/2 ton pickups.  I don, t know if these have been available on 1/2 ton pickups in past years or are these only recently available.  How hard would it be to change theses out from my current mirrors?

gps42 said:
I am thinking that I would like to get some permanent mirrors that will extend out like the ones on the newer Chev pickups that I see on dealer lots.  Just this year I have been seeing some of these type mirrors on 1/2 ton pickups.  I don, t know if these have been available on 1/2 ton pickups in past years or are these only recently available.  How hard would it be to change theses out from my current mirrors?

Do a youtube search.  Usually it is a simple bolt and plug swap.

I know you have a GM, but if someone has a Ram, changing the mirrors to another that has different options such as adding a puddle light etc., one would have to go to a dealer, explain what was changed, and get the ECM flashed to get the option to work.

Agree with goat.

If the new mirrors and old ones are the same type, it should be easy, i.e. power adjustable, turn signal indicator, not heated, manual extend.  Otherwise, you have features that may or may not work, and may or may not be programmable.  I support the factory replacement or quality clone.  Do not go cheap!

Back
Top Bottom